CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hey BP...

Looks like I did fail on my tests, sorry.

PhilExile just told me he achieved good results with the builds

and I am very happy - although I have not made my second

round of tests yet.

In this afternoon, after the work, I will perform the xperiences

again. Thanks man, for you prompt work!

See you later!

Best regards,

Cospefogo.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look into why the consoles emulators fail to load off dvd. I tried editing the saves through hex editing but all the consoles emu's still lock up before they launch. Help would greatly appreciated since I and i'm sure others would like to have the option of having the emulators work off dvd. If someone would be able to look into it and edit the XBE's i could try testing them off dvd. Thankyou

Edited by law56kerz

I was wondering if anyone could take a look into why the consoles emulators fail to load off dvd. I tried editing the saves through hex editing but all the consoles emu's still lock up before they launch. Help would greatly appreciated since I and i'm sure others would like to have the option of having the emulators work off dvd. If someone would be able to look into it and edit the XBE's i could try testing them off dvd. Thankyou

you could try installing coinops to your xbox hdd and then just have the roms burned on dvdr.

then just go into the advanced settings and point the emulator to g:/roms.

this way it would read the roms from a dvd disc.

its an option to try anyway.

Hi OldOne,

I think the only way this can be achieved is through a hacked BIOs. As far as I know, the guys trying to get this to work never managed it. BP indirectly made a great point, if you did change the BIOs to output 240p, it may goof up HD output, crash the emulators that were never coded for this output and in general, limit the Xbox's versatility. I.E. Hooking up to SD or HD TVs with a broad range a resolution options.

This said, I'm a fan of 240p and its possible on Xbox, I do it myself on one of setups. ;) Just get an Extron Emotia, a Frosty VGA cable or something like the Neoya XVGA, and read this guide: http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

Once you have everything hooked up. Change output on your Xbox and emulators to 480p, then flip the switch on the Emotia to "non-interlaced" and presto, 240p.

I'm been doing this a few months and it works flawlessly. Also, with BP's new pixel perfect X settings it looks exactly like the arcade in CoinOps.

Hope this helps you out.

Hi BP,

have you ever come across this? http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=662368

It seems, that the Xbox is capable of outputting true low resolutions like 240p or 288p. If this is possible, it would solve a lot of the aspect ratio issues.

And you would be the first one who did something like this. :)

I'm still messing around with this is as well, but I just wanted to say that this new feature is really, really impressive. BP has added something that no other arcade emu on the Xbox can do. If I remember correctly, this is even difficult to pull off well on the PC arcade emulators.

BP really hit the ball out of the park on this one!

T H A N K S !!!!!!!

Hey hey BP...

Looks like I did fail on my tests, sorry.

PhilExile just told me he achieved good results with the builds

and I am very happy - although I have not made my second

round of tests yet.

In this afternoon, after the work, I will perform the xperiences

again. Thanks man, for you prompt work!

See you later!

Best regards,

Cospefogo.

Edited by PhilExile

I'm still messing around with this is as well, but I just wanted to say that this new feature is really, really impressive. BP has added something that no other arcade emu on the Xbox can do. If I remember correctly, this is even difficult to pull off well on the PC arcade emulators.

BP really hit the ball out of the park on this one!

T H A N K S !!!!!!!

Aaah, I am still very curious!

Anxious to get home and restart the tests procedure!

But just to see you PhilExile's positive feedback I am already relieved!

Maybe we finally got the holy grail for Mame in hands!

Cospefogo.