CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Default Aspect Ratios (as per before)

Scale (this fits to your screensize you defined but keeps the aspect ratio and fits it into that window)

Stretch (this fits everything to your screensize you defined and adjust aspect ratio including stretching vertical games )

Pixel Perfect (this ignors your screensize you defined and just uses the pixels the game has...it centers it but also uses the top left and bottom right corner of your defined window to determine the centering )

Pixel Perfect X (same as above but will scale it by x2 or x3 or x4 or x5 if it will fit to scale as much as it can into the screensize you defined )

Horizontal (adjusts widescreen horizontal games to a more correct aspect)

Rotated (adjusts rotated games to a more correct aspect for widescreen)

Horizontal and Rotated (adjusts rotated games to a more correct aspect for widescreen and also Horizontal games to a better aspect ratio for widescreen)

adjust Pixel Perfect X to upsize to screensize you defined only as it sometimes went off the screen using all pixels availble

BETA is ready for testing I think its all good and alot there for everyone...even someone wanted to stretch PACMAN to full screen...you can do that now with the stretch Aspect Ratio

I need help, if anyone can edit the console XBES so that they run off of dvd I would greatly appreciate it. I edited the save paths but the emulator still locks up when trying to load any console game off the dvd. Hope someone can figure it out for me.

Also, the neogeo.zip belongs ziped and is placed in the roms folder, correct? If so I must have to try another neogeo.zip because the one I used says the sfix.sfx isn't found and that other files don't have the correct checksum.

Edited by law56kerz

Can't wait to try it BP!

Again, thank you for taking the time to work this out. Much appreciated!

Scale (this fits to your screensize you defined but keeps the aspect ratio and fits it into that window)

Stretch (this fits everything to your screensize you defined and adjust aspect ratio including stretching vertical games )

Pixel Perfect (this ignors your screensize you defined and just uses the pixels the game has...it centers it but also uses the top left and bottom right corner of your defined window to determine the centering )

Pixel Perfect X (same as above but will scale it by x2 or x3 or x4 or x5 if it will fit to scale as much as it can into the screensize you defined )

Horizontal and Rotated (adjusts rotated games to a more correct aspect for widescreen and also Horizontal games to a better aspect ratio for widescreen)

adjust Pixel Perfect X to upsize to screensize you defined only as it sometimes went off the screen using all pixels availble

BETA is ready for testing I think its all good and alot there for everyone...even someone wanted to stretch PACMAN to full screen...you can do that now with the stretch Aspect Ratio

Changed option

VIDEO Anti-Aliasing now is Disable / ENABLED / Automatic and its automatic by default.... this will look at the options for scaling and will enable Anti-Aliasing when ever its not in Pixel Perfect or Pixel Perfect X it will disable Anti-Aliasing if it is

Well, regarding the ANTIALIAS question, I think it should be turned ON as default for all modes

expect for PIXEL PERFECT/PIXEL PERFECT X. Since both settings are in correct aspect ratio, we suppose

that there will be no distortions, so, there is no need to blur the graphics.

I am ready to test, BP!

WOW. Thank you SO much for your amazing turnaround on this.

And before the testing, I am a little curious yet:

Shinobi = 320x224

On PixelPerfect = While on 480i it becomes 640x448 and centers to the screen, correct?

On PixePerfect X = While on 480i it becomes 640x448 and centers to the screen, because 448 < 480 correct?

Let's take now Vigilante = 256x256

On PixelPerfect = While on 480i it becomes 512x512 and center --- but some overscan happens on top and bottom, since 512 > 480

On PixelPerfect X = While on 480i, it does nothing, because the feature sees that 512 (2X) will not fit on the 480i height size

Is this the way both PixelPerfect and PixelPerfect X work?

If so, AWESOME. Simply the best. Perfect.

Cospefogo.

Hey BP,

I am already in touch with PhilExile!

Thanks.

Just for confirmation... what is the TDATA/UDATA save directory for ReIgnite R6?

I don't want to overwrite any of my 14 different CoinOPS setups!

Inspecting the XBE I got BABE7777.

Is this correct?

Cospefogo.

Hi BP

thank you for making coinops the best compilation of emulators on xbox ever

is it possible to add the psx core in coinops imagine playing (tekken series) or (dead or alive) or any shumps (raiden two) (raycrisis) for the psx

directly from coinops that would be awesome and please keep an eye for daphne core too cause dragons lair is the best

thank you

Edited by carlo3do

VIDEO Anti-Aliasing now is Disable / ENABLED / Automatic and its automatic by default.... this will look at the options for scaling and will enable Anti-Aliasing when ever its not in Pixel Perfect or Pixel Perfect X it will disable Anti-Aliasing if it is

Pixel Perfect = exact pixels (no x2 x3 x4) etc

Pixel Perfect X = exact pixels x2 x3 x4 to fit to defined window size

BABE7777 is the save....ReIgnite R6 uses BABE6666

Vigilante = 256x256

On PixelPerfect = 256x256 on sd or hd

On PixelPerfect X = will be 256x256 on sd and 512x512 on hd

Shinobi = 320x224

On PixelPerfect = 320x224 on sd and hd

On PixePerfect X = 640x448 on sd 960x672 in hd unless you scaled your adjustment screen to less than 672 pixels high then it would be 448

Ok, after some tests with the new build I have some comments about the

so desirable features of PIXEL PERFECT.

Problem 1. When I use any of the features, the antialias does not turn off, even in games

like Moon Patrol (240x224), so I need to turn off the antialias by my own.

Problem 2. But the antialias is not the main problem, the real problem is that the PIXEL PERFECT

and PIXEL PERFECT X setting just present the screen on its 1X original size! It is a tiny tiny

screen centered! This is wrong, since we can't have a 320x240 screen on a 640x480

native output... We should have the games running at 2X! Moon Patrol should be presented

on 480x448!

And we have yet the 3rd problem. Even with screen running on its 1X (tini-tiny) the aspect

ratio is not correct. There are artifacts on the horizontal and vertical scrolling. With Jackal

is easy to notice that. In Moon Patrol too, check the mountains in the background.

Hey BP, can you please make the PIXEL PERFECT setting present the screen on its

original size multiplied by 2? Shinobi should be exact 640x448.

Thanks!

I hope to be helpful!!

Vigilante = 256x256

On PixelPerfect = 512x512 on sd and 768x768 on hd (720p)

Shinobi = 320x224

On PixelPerfect = 640x448 on sd and 960x672 on hd (720p)

Cospefogo.