CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

OK, if 3x is OK with Cos, its OK with me. 8)

Cos, Capcom was nuts, they future proofed their games: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?publicUser...amp;bId=8987002

It was originally played at 320x224 monitors, they just mushed the pixels horizontally. I've found, while experimenting with 240p and the Emotia, that the vertical pixels are the most important to hit to avoid distortion. Vertical "tates," like Pac Man, are more of a problem. You really need both horizontal and vertical dimensions to be perfect.

10x11 would be a cool feature that could address stuff like this I suppose.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x1 x2 x3 x4 etc doesnt matter at all...I can work out the max scale factor so it will fit to the screen...the issues is 1280x720 isnt the actual screen size like 640x480 wasnt and when you adjusted them I found your saves are your screen is 720x480 which is NTSC 480i res....

alot of games like cps2 use non square pixels.....and not just 10x11 theres many more....

please dont talk about X1 X 2 X3 setting in stuff again...I can use maths to determine if X2 X3 X4 X5 X6 will fit to the screen and it doesnt need to be locked the EMU will work out the max scale factor no problems at all

Hello, I burned coinops r6 to dvd combining it with the video files from coinops showcase. My arcade games run fine, but when i try to load console games the emulator locks up. All files are unaltered. Did I have to change some settings or some files so that the console games run off of dvd, thanks for your help.

yes its cause ive pointed the save to EMULATOR FOLDER/Saves and it cant creat that in DVD

hex edit the cores...finder D:\\SAVES and change them all to E:\\SAVES

Ok, i'll try that. I'm spreading Coinops R6 with videos across 3 dvds. This first disc contains the roms and video files for games A-J. Dang I also realize i forgot to include the needed extra files so that Neogeo games load. I know i need to include the Neogeo.zip, and other files i'm forgetting? Did anyone put a pack together for the console games. I have have supernes and genesis pack, but no other comprehensive collections for the other consoles.

Edited by law56kerz

ok now I have a lot of options

Default Aspect Ratios (as per before)

Scale (this fits to your screensize you defined but keeps the aspect ratio and fits it into that window)

Stretch (this fits everything to your screensize you defined and adjust aspect ratio including stretching vertical games )

Pixel Perfect (this ignors your screensize you defined and just uses the pixels the game has...it centers it but also uses the top left and bottom right corner of your defined window to determine the centering )

Pixel Perfect X (same as above but will scale it by x2 or x3 or x4 if it will fit to the screen )

Horizontal (adjusts widescreen horizontal games to a more correct aspect)

Rotated (adjusts rotated games to a more correct aspect for widescreen)

Horizontal and Rotated (adjusts rotated games to a more correct aspect for widescreen and also Horizontal games to a better aspect ratio for widescreen)

do you guys want antialis option to stay? or make it on except for Pixel Perfect and Pixel Perfect X ?

only neogeo is needed id put in the 2.3 unibios as well 8) into that rom

BTW thanks everyone for there hard work, teamwork and cooperation. A great emulator with great presentation and user friendly. Ok thanks, i'll check if the Neogeo bios included has the 2.3 unibios. I know i have that bios laying around somewhere. Did anyone put video files together for the consoles, all i have right now is picture previews.

Edited by law56kerz

No renaming app im aware of sorry...no video stuff around apart from rx stuff and emumovies 8) I dont have to much as I havent concentrated on Shawcase 2 much

So somebody renamed the snes genesis packs all by hand, ugh, i'm guessing the used some sort of batch renaming program to add on part of the file name. Yea showcase is cool, but the regular builds are nice also and you can fit alot more games on one disc. Actually if you delete the weaker versions of game series likes KOF you can fit most all the games on one dvd. Your emulator doesn't enable us to choose video filters does it?

Edited by law56kerz