MATH

Are you trying to figure out a fast way to level the weapons in FF13?

Yes, kind of. Im trying to see the total experience required to reach max level. That way I know how many components to dump. When you use mechanical components it reduces the xp multiplier that I built up with organic components, so I need to know the total xp required so I can use basically, the exact amount of items all at once to benefit from the multiplier. All this requires a substantial investment. I dont want to add the increment X amount of times then add the #'s together... but I will if I must.

I'm assuming lvl 2 requires 4500 XP?

The easy solution is 5500 x 10 - 1000 (10 levels compounded, 10 levels at 100 increments)

I think...I did it manually per level and it worked out. It's late and I'm tired though.

no, level 1 = 0 xp, thats where you start. level 2 requires 100 xp. level 3 requires 200 xp. So a total of 300 xp was used to reach lvl 3.

100+200+300+400+500+600+700+800+900+1000=5500

The formula is:

(2*a+(n-1)*d)*n/2

Where:

a is the first item

n is the number of items

d is the increasment.

Don't be afraid - math is a friend!

Its been ~15 years since I was awake in a math class.

I'll give it a go

(2*a+(n-1)*d)*n/2

(2X100+(10-1)X100)X10/2

(2X100+9X100)X10/2

200+900X10/2

1100X10/2

11000/2

-----------

OH HELL YES! THANK YOU! :-)

You have no idea... well your a gamer so perhaps you do. You saved me alot of time. Imagine taking a value, writing it out each time adding incremental increase, then adding all those values together (sometimes 55 levels) and 3 times per weapon, 6 weapons, 6 characters, and the insane amount of accessories and each respective upgrade to them as well. You saved me alot of paper lol as well as time.

:thumbsup1:

Fucking awesome!

In all honesty I'm perplexed and at loss at what to do with XIII's weapon/accessory upgrading system in the long run. Let's say you found a good weapon or an accessory and you start upgrading it. At some point in the game your bound to find some other weapon that is supposedly better than the one you had before. So what to do? Do I just sell or dismantle the old item and start using the new one, or do I keep both of them and switch between those every now and then?

It doesn't really help that not all battles net you spoils, so it's not like you'll get enough components for upgrades even if you start grinding.

I wonder if there is an absolute upgrade maximum where you can no longer upgrade the item and said item has gone though all its transformations at the "Star" level.

In all honesty I'm perplexed and at loss at what to do with XIII's weapon/accessory upgrading system in the long run. Let's say you found a good weapon or an accessory and you start upgrading it. At some point in the game your bound to find some other weapon that is supposedly better than the one you had before. So what to do? Do I just sell or dismantle the old item and start using the new one, or do I keep both of them and switch between those every now and then?

It doesn't really help that not all battles net you spoils, so it's not like you'll get enough components for upgrades even if you start grinding.

I wonder if there is an absolute upgrade maximum where you can no longer upgrade the item and said item has gone though all its transformations at the "Star" level.

See my other thread. I'll answer that there.

k you had me totally confused then, I thought you meant level 11 required 5500 XP...you already had the total and....bah, you suck lol

Yea sorry, What I posted was an example. I knew in said example I needed 5500 total.