Full Spread/ Game Time

Someone guide me through the Operation Nora boss please, Phoenix Downs are expensive, Hope is weak, help.

Nvm, put him down after 1,000 paradigm shifts and massive patience.

Yeah, exactly my sentiments. The boss was quite unfair, like when you needed to make Constantly sure to switch into a Paradigm with a Synergist in it, just so that you'd survive the attacks, then switch back and forth between Medic and Commando/Ravager. Took me something like three retries to finally beat the damn thing.

That's absolutely what happened to me, spot on description.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but notice that playing with people like Hope, Sazh, and Vanille, without the help of Snow or Lightning, is unfair. These characters seem very weak, I might have not have the best equipment, so that might be an issue.

I don't like this leveling system, it takes 300 points to get to a HP+10, it's ridiculous, I would rather have a standard leveling system and not this upgraded Final Fantasy X system. My characters seem very weak, and the enemies in this game have to have at least over 30,000 HP, because my attacks range from about 200-700, including Lightning's attacks, her Str is 120 or so. Why do I need to switch characters every chapter? Why can't I have a consistent party with the same characters from beginning to end?

Just when I became acclimated to Lightning's paradigms and such, they switch me back to Sazh and Vanille. Are these two unable to use physical attacks and only magic?

Commandos specialize in physical attacks. Ravagers in offensive magic attacks. Commandos do learn some non-elemental magic attacks like Ruin, though. You probably need to invest some time into acquiring Spoils and subsequent equipment upgrades. Grinding a bit so that you can fill each person's Crystarium helps, too.

I died once, maybe twice on the chapter 5 boss. Im not gloating at all... Im just saying Paradigm shifts are paramount now. This is about the start of when shit really gets interesting! Stuff is going to get rougher.

OK... I like how the game progresses. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Yea Sazh and Vanille are quite weak. But not really. Thats what I thought at first. Paradigm shifts are now commonplace to you guys. Say you start with a SYN SAB, then RAV RAV, Then COM RAV, then COM MED when you need to heal. Yea its a pain in the ass at first, but there teaching you by forcing you to adapt to the gameplay. I like how you always play as different people. I remember always playing with the same people for the most part in other games where you had a choice. This go round they force you to play as different parties. And in so, familiarize you with each characters pros and cons, on top of it flows with the story!

Soon you will have your full party. Trust me... you'll have alot of time to switch out back and forth finding your dream teams. Tell you what, I don't even use Snow anymore. I have 2 main teams. General exploration, Lightning/Fang/Hope and Adamantoise hunters Vanille/Sazh/Hope.

You just ned to find what Paradigms work for your party. Sazh and Vanille... Sazhs COM is kinda weak. You'll note his STR and MAG are low, but his HP is high. So you might find battles flow quicker by starting out with SYN/SAB... except for the fodder battles. I would say that upgrading weapons are unnecessary at this point... but if you must go ahead. I didnt upgrade much of anything until chapter 9, I believe your troubles are attaining efficient Paradigms.

As for the leveling System, I like it. No DEF, SPEED anything like that. Just the 3 stats and various skills. It works. Just focus on what is... and view the gorgeous game as you go. The game does look good! Paradigm shifts are the focus here. Finding the flow for each subsequent party is the gameplay challenge.

Yay, I made it to the Mah'Habara grind spot. I should have everything maxed so far by the end of the day.

I wouldnt bother... Get some leveling then head onward. You'll waste your time if max out...

DO NOT SPEND POINTS OUTSIDE YOUR MAIN!!! Im just saying. You'll attain a new crystal level soon enough... better to save up the CP. Sazh Snow and Vanille had over 800,000 CP when I beat the chapter 11 Boss.

Yay, I made it to the Mah'Habara grind spot. I should have everything maxed so far by the end of the day.

I wouldnt bother... Get some leveling then head onward. You'll waste your time if max out...

DO NOT SPEND POINTS OUTSIDE YOUR MAIN!!! Im just saying. You'll attain a new crystal level soon enough... better to save up the CP. Sazh Snow and Vanille had over 800,000 CP when I beat the chapter 11 Boss.

I was referring to the 3 main of each character. Not every last crystal thing. Was raping everything with a RAV+RAV+COM with Lightning, Hope and Fang. Like the book says. Managed to upgrade Lightning's Gladius to a Helter-Skelter. Once I finished everyone's last paradigm I'll move on. It's just great to easily catch up. The only hard part about it is trying to get a preemptive strike on the 3 frost bombs and 2 hoplites. Hard to tell which way bomb's are even looking.

I'm liking the game a little bit more now, liking the Fang and Lightning party, two strong and quick physical attackers. Currently in Chapter 7.

Well your getting there. Your almost done with the forced parties. Fang is the physical damage dealer of the game. If that helps with current possible weapon upgrades...

I was referring to the 3 main of each character. Not every last crystal thing. Was raping everything with a RAV+RAV+COM with Lightning, Hope and Fang. Like the book says. Managed to upgrade Lightning's Gladius to a Helter-Skelter. Once I finished everyone's last paradigm I'll move on. It's just great to easily catch up. The only hard part about it is trying to get a preemptive strike on the 3 frost bombs and 2 hoplites. Hard to tell which way bomb's are even looking.

Of course, I meant once you cap the 3 main, do not spend points in secondary. Yea the bombs are hard to vector sometimes. Yea rav,rav,com is what I use. I didnt know thats the party the guide used as well, not until I read it. Lightning Fang Hope is a great team. Just wait till you beat the game and max out the main crystal grid. You will destroy shit. But its nothing without gear... thats where the real grinding comes in... money. I spent 500,000 just to be able to take enough damage from Adamantoise before I had to heal. Screw 1 Death and 20 heals.

So, you only played FFXIII during your break?!? :P

Me? Hell no lol. I put in 92 hours on the break though. I just played through Darksiders for a change of pace. I have ALOT of grinding to do in XIII cause the $$$ needs are great. Well, I've killed over 15 adamantoise and got 7 platinum ingots and 1 Trapezohedron from them... thats a great ratio! If that keeps up, I'll do well.