CALLING ALL EMULATION GODS AT 1EMULATION HERE'S A CHALLENGE

elconejotres

ditto, it works great for me too. you just have to take the time to:

1. get good bin/cues

2. rip them correctly, following the detailed instructions provided with the emu.

i dont know exactly how buggy medafenx-pce is as i have found it plays everything i have thrown at it in iso/mp3 and bin/cue form images.

also hugo-x is pretty good for pc engine cd games as well.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCE works fine for me.

Yeah maybe PCE but PCECD is another history...... sigh :) why seems everybody thinks it's enough with those emus? the xbox is more than capable of run this jewels of gaming, and looks like nobody give a damn about it, it's a real shame because the existent emus (mednafen and hu-go) only needs a talented programer willing to make an optimization of its cores in order to reach the quality status of masterpieces such FBL or Coinops, I still have hopes this tread wake somebody with the skills necesary to do it, after all, here at 1emulation we have the best emu developers I 've seen in ages.

I've mainly played the more popular shumps, castlevania, and Bonk games and haven't had issues.

What games are you specifically having issues with? I would recommend making a list of which are giving you problems and specify what they are. Also, make sure you are using CDDissect according to the instructions included with the PCECD emu.

I'm guessing a comprehensive list will get programmers more interested in helping out if there is a starting point. Also, there may be a correlation between the buggy games, so the solution may be easier than you think, if there is a problem at all.

Hope this helps.

PCE works fine for me.

Yeah maybe PCE but PCECD is another history...... sigh :) why seems everybody thinks it's enough with those emus? the xbox is more than capable of run this jewels of gaming, and looks like nobody give a damn about it, it's a real shame because the existent emus (mednafen and hu-go) only needs a talented programer willing to make an optimization of its cores in order to reach the quality status of masterpieces such FBL or Coinops, I still have hopes this tread wake somebody with the skills necesary to do it, after all, here at 1emulation we have the best emu developers I 've seen in ages.

Also, are you running the original games or did you rip them to ISO/MP3? If your running the original games, maybe that's the issue. The DVD drive in the Xbox is usually crappy, so your music issues may stem from the drive not being able to keep up.

PCE works fine for me.

Dude... seriously. I have spreadsheets on the testing I've done.

With very few exceptions, PCE and PCCD work fine.

Rx, your organizational powers continue to amaze. :)

PCE works fine for me.

Rx, your organizational powers continue to amaze. ;)

PCE works fine for me.

Yeah maybe PCE but PCECD is another history...... sigh <_< why seems everybody thinks it's enough with those emus? the xbox is more than capable of run this jewels of gaming, and looks like nobody give a damn about it, it's a real shame because the existent emus (mednafen and hu-go) only needs a talented programer willing to make an optimization of its cores in order to reach the quality status of masterpieces such FBL or Coinops, I still have hopes this tread wake somebody with the skills necesary to do it, after all, here at 1emulation we have the best emu developers I 've seen in ages.

Really? let's try this then, try runing space fantasy 2 usa version and go to the first dungeon to the south...what about it? need more proof?ok try runing YS I&II, YS III OR YS IV (jp or usa is the same) runs fine you say? guess again try to open a chest or receive an item so you can hear the midi classic melody? you were able to listen? I know you don't because cdda MUSIC DON'T STOP WHEN IT SHOULD AND THATS IN ALL THE GAMES, I can give you lots and lots more of examples of bugs like the crashing at the end of golden axe, the messed graphics in popfull mail, the no sound bug on steam hearts, the random mute cutscenes in Ranma, etc. the main failure and bugs in this emu are on the "perfect cue system", I was messing it a little and found in the pce toc names zipped archive the toc (table of contents) of the games and these are the same turborip generate with the aditions of values I suppose tell the emu when have to use it, I modified a litlle these values and in certain games got a little improvement.

Like I've said before only needs a little work of a talented programer in order to reach the perfection of other emus like FBL or Coinops, but everybody seems more interested in telling me how the emu works fine for them and try to disqualify me than see the reality of things, a shame because the xbox is more than capable of run this real ancient jewels of gaming, with the options and looks of the new generation emus, still have hope someone would think about it and try to give a shot.

Thanks everybody for the feedback and BTW I KNOW HOW EXACTLY DO THE MP3/CUE/WAV RIPS FROM MY DISCS EVEN FOR EMUS IN THE GP2X

Edited by elconejotres

Hello,

Listen, I'm just trying to help you out here. I think you'll be more likely to get help if you post a list of the problematic games and the issues with each in a coherent fashion.

No one will want to help if you just post a long disjointed rant.

Good luck, I'd like to see any of these issues fixed as much as you do

Rx, your organizational powers continue to amaze. ;)

PCE works fine for me.

Yeah maybe PCE but PCECD is another history...... sigh <_< why seems everybody thinks it's enough with those emus? the xbox is more than capable of run this jewels of gaming, and looks like nobody give a damn about it, it's a real shame because the existent emus (mednafen and hu-go) only needs a talented programer willing to make an optimization of its cores in order to reach the quality status of masterpieces such FBL or Coinops, I still have hopes this tread wake somebody with the skills necesary to do it, after all, here at 1emulation we have the best emu developers I 've seen in ages.

Really? let's try this then, try runing space fantasy 2 usa version and go to the first dungeon to the south...what about it? need more proof?ok try runing YS I&II, YS III OR YS IV (jp or usa is the same) runs fine you say? guess again try to open a chest or receive an item so you can hear the midi classic melody? you were able to listen? I know you don't because cdda MUSIC DON'T STOP WHEN IT SHOULD AND THATS IN ALL THE GAMES, I can give you lots and lots more of examples of bugs like the crashing at the end of golden axe, the messed graphics in popfull mail, the no sound bug on steam hearts, the random mute cutscenes in Ranma, etc. the main failure and bugs in this emu are on the "perfect cue system", I was messing it a little and found in the pce toc names zipped archive the toc (table of contents) of the games and these are the same turborip generate with the aditions of values I suppose tell the emu when have to use it, I modified a litlle these values and in certain games got a little improvement.

Like I've said before only needs a little work of a talented programer in order to reach the perfection of other emus like FBL or Coinops, but everybody seems more interested in telling me how the emu works fine for them and try to disqualify me than see the reality of things, a shame because the xbox is more than capable of run this real ancient jewels of gaming, with the options and looks of the new generation emus, still have hope someone would think about it and try to give a shot.

Thanks everybody for the feedback and BTW I KNOW HOW EXACTLY DO THE MP3/CUE/WAV RIPS FROM MY DISCS EVEN FOR EMUS IN THE GP2X