CALLING ALL EMULATION GODS AT 1EMULATION HERE'S A CHALLENGE

elconejotres

Hi guys I was recently checking/playing the great and awesome emus the superb developers here has contributed for the scene, thanks for your efforts you're supreme and lot of people including myself have you like the gods of the xbox, thats the reason I dare to bother you supreme xbox gods with my humble request (not a request itself but something like that) I noticed that the emulation of some home systems has reached the perfection in your capable hands in a relative short time, but there's something that was forgotten, the pcecd aka turbografxcd, yes I'm well aware of the buggy/imperfect mednafen V5 emu on xbox (not meant to disrespect the author, it's a great effort but it needs some work yet) but it's way far beyond the perfection you make other emus reach, because of that I'm calling you guys to make an update or a new TGCD emu, the emu scene of the beloved xbox will not be complete until decent tgcd emulation will be made, don't you agree? SO HERE'S THE CHALLENGE, LETS SEE WHO'S UP TO IT (ALL OF YOU KNOW WHO I'M CALLING, EVERYBODY KNOWS WHO ARE THE EMU GODS HERE, I DONT GIVE ANY NAMES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DISREPECTFUL FOR THIS GREAT & GENEROUS DUDES)

Edited by elconejotres

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too true. What you're asking would involve a port of an updated version of Mednafen, or possibly Ootake or Magic Engine. Not likely unless someone comes along with the knowledge, time and inclination to do it. If you really want to play PC Engine CD games, at least you can play them properly on one of the PC emulators I just mentioned.

i dont know exactly how buggy medafenx-pce is as i have found it plays everything i have thrown at it in iso/mp3 and bin/cue form images.

also hugo-x is pretty good for pc engine cd games as well.

So there isn't actually anything wrong with the way Mednafen-X plays PC Engine CD games?

So there isn't actually anything wrong with the way Mednafen-X plays PC Engine CD games?

i think it is mostly to do with if you have good rips or not,i would suggest to most people to use bin/cue images for pc engine cd games.i personally use iso/mp3 because they take up less space.

yes mednafen is buggy and far from perfect, just a little examples:

try space fantasy 2 and in the first cave there slowdown and then crashes

IN ALL GAMES CDDA MUSIC DON'T STOP WHEN IT SHOULD TO HAVING IN SOME CASES 2 BGM PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME

the most and anoying issue is not the compatibilty but the toc feature, that was implemented real bad at last I have found 18 errors in the "perfect cue system"

And BTW the games I tried are NOT from the internet, I use my personal 1:1 rips from my original discs (I own 43 turbo cds!!! :-) ) so its not the problem besides I know how to properly rip the ISO/MP3 or WAV images

I know nes is quiting but hey maybe one last surprise from him could be done, and with all the respect I feel for him, but he's not the only or the last emu god around here (only one the kings) so the challenge still is there lets see how this turns

you could try using hugo-x instead of medafen-x,the one advantage hugo-x has is you dont have to match up the cue file like you have to in medafenx-pce.

I already tried that Fu but the emulation is even worst in Hu-go X

it can be a lot of games that are not working properly as i have quite a few pc engine cd games and i have never had any problems.then again saing that you might notice a difference if you have the original pc engine hardware.