Reply Thread

cba.gy

It seems BP has set up his "soap box" closed thread to have his daily rant and try to draw a reaction.

I think its only fair that users should be able to respond.

He keeps quoting that he won't help users cause of myself and a few others.

Well heres a fact, he's never helped anyway, he needs to blame others for his lack of social skills.

It's easier to lay the blame at others feet. That's all it is.

The constant "whining" and blaming of others is supposed to either

A = Get us banned !

B = Turn people against us and create an us and them scenario.

Well all this is doing is dividing an already dwindling community.

Any person who reads this, do you honestly think it's always someone else's fault ?

Don't toddlers (small children) take up this thought process ?

You'll also notice these "closed" post's only appear every few days in order to get attention to the forum.

BP is your real bad apple in the barrell, always has been.

He suffers will low esteem and an overinflated ego.

The users on this board are to blame for the ego problem but the self esteem problem something that probably

has ties to his past but that is for him to deal with.

Unfortunately this scenario is never going to be resolved as long as he is allowed to continue in this vein.

You, the users are the numbers here, you make the forum, make your own mind up.

Don't let him hold you to ransom with an emulator (thats not even his creation).

You'll also notice as his thread numbers drop off he'll announce another release (probably twice a week).

This has been going on for over 2 yrs and will continue to do so.

Incrimental releases to keep feeding the easily led. But only if "You" let him.

Be your own censor, make up your own mind.

I can't be bothered with this, it makes me appear just as bad.

PS. You do know why CoinOps is getting a facelift ?

I announced in certain circles (on purpose) that im making a brand new Xbox GUI based on the 360 dash. This has obviously trickled back as i knew it would. A mix of XBMC code is how it will be. See if im not right.

Edited by cba.gy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think I want you banned....im staff arnt I? I havent asked for that at all lol

I wont ask for this thread to be closed at all :) ive never got any your threads closed or ask for that.....and only closed mine after alot of warning these can be verfied as they are left there...and not deleted

I wont comment here (I will be interested to see how it goes and what is said though)....again or want it closed down post what ever you feel guys...

CBA, is the GUI you are making going to be within XBMC or are you working on a new dashboard alltogether??

About the whole BP thing, the way I have seen it (and I have only been around for a little bit)... even if he isn't easy to get along with, he is updating something, which keeps people in the scene..... just like T3ch updates XBMC and keeps people around and other people update there EMU's, Games and APPs...

I would deal with 100 people who aren't really the coolest to get along with, as long as they kept people interested in the Xbox.

That being said.... 2 years!!! You all should really shake hands and start working together... the scene would be a lot better, rather than being BP's crowd Vs. CBA's crowd (assuming you are the leader of the crowd lol)

I'm just saying, at a certain point WARS have stopped in sooner than 2 years. Enough is enough, you know?

and BP why don't you just prove them all wrong, open up to people, and stop fueling the fire?? If you do something amazing, the work will speak for itself.

Edited by NeoBomb

I see you still keep throwing out my name Britney. In your threads you say I'm responsible for the closing of CoinOps discussion threads. I stopped the release of your Showcase Build. I'm the reason you don't respond to people's PMs. I'm the problem with the Xbox scene. Your attempts to vilify me are laughable. Compared to others I barely have any contact with you. To this day, we have still never communicated via PM or outside the forum. If you look at my post count, less than 5 percent of it is actually about you or CoinOps. It just so happens that my comments are usually ill received by you, and usually lead to one of your rants, no matter what's actually said. The only reason you keep mentioning me is because you don't like people that talk back when you're out of order.

You can keep trying to scapegoat Cba, Neil and myself all you want, but people with the ability to read can see that you're nothing but a fool. If you don't want to help people, release your builds, or whatever, it's your choice, and has nothing to do with me, Cba, Neil, or anyone else. Pretending otherwise is a poor attempt to deflect negative response from yourself. Attempting to cover up your unpleasant and unhelpful nature by painting us as bad guys, and yourself as some kind of victim, is pathetic. And to the intelligent reader, completely unconvincing.

The older and most active members of this forum get along with me just fine. They're not fooled by your 'Ice-Man is evil' routine. Although relatively new, I can be seen all over the forum, helping out members with questions when I can, having actual adult conversations, engaging in the community. In fact, no other member of the forum has a problem with me. So it begs the question, if no one else on the forum has a problem with me, am I the problem? No, I'm not. I'm certainly not the lieutenant of any bad 'crowd'. Nor is Cba. We're just individuals who tell it like it is.

I'll agree with Cba's post on one key point though, you have indeed done a great job of dividing the Xbox emulation community, and driving off those few with any interest of developing. Your behaviour invokes nothing but negativity, and makes visiting the Xbox section an unpleasant experience for new and old members alike.

... You all should really shake hands and start working together...

I'm just saying, at a certain point WARS have stopped in sooner than 2 years. Enough is enough, you know?

^^ Just my 0,02 €

I don know whatś the reason of the Wars between you, but at some point you should shake hands. War should be over (whereever it is)

CU

I just read BP's post on the other thread and he makes a lot of valid points. He is given a lot of shit by a lot of people here who have contributed nothing. It is said, unfairly, that anyone can do what he does. So why don't these people release their own emus?

Probably because they can't.

I was just playing a vertical cab version of CoinOps and everything worked fantastic. BP made this for the (small) audience that needed it. I don't see anyone else out there jumping to fill needs such as this, certainly not the original authors of MameOX, etc.

Anyway, I wanted to point this out. If I were BP, I'd be annoyed too and for good reason.

I just read BP's post on the other thread and he makes a lot of valid points. He is given a lot of shit by a lot of people here who have contributed nothing. It is said, unfairly, that anyone can do what he does. So why don't these people release their own emus?

I was just playing a vertical cab version of CoinOps and everything worked fantastic. BP made this for the (small) audience that needed it. I don't see anyone else out there jumping to fill needs such as this, certainly not the original authors of MameOX, etc.

Anyway, I wanted to point this out. If I were BP, I'd be annoyed too and for good reason.

You raise a valid point, i too would like to see BP/DOA release his own emulator.

Hey Cbagy,

Please don't take my words out of context to further your arguments here. I don't want to add to the animosity already present in the forum.

We all like games right? This is our hobby, its supposed to be fun.

Thank you

You raise a valid point, i too would like to see BP/DOA release his own emulator.

Edited by PhilExile

Fair enough i see what you mean, it could be misread.

However you never seemed to have a problem when the comment was aimed the other way.

There's irony for you !

Don't get me wrong here, as some seem to.

Im not the leader, or a member, of any BP hate club.

That's absurd, i think it serves a purpose for others to think so, which is a shame.

There are other members that share similar opinions as i do or won't be silenced or held to ransom.

That's where the similarity ends, there's no conspiracy or hate club.

The problem here is that no-one has had the balls to say what they really think.

Shut up and take your medicine and learn to accept being spoke to like a dog. That's how it was.

More than one Dev or member has commented on his "shoddy" behaviour toward users.

Not too long ago, i mean literally not so long ago, BP wouldn't even consider cab builds let alone help people configure one.

Then he threatened to stay away, hmmm that lasted 24 hrs, he came back with an interest in peoples want's all of a sudden.

If numbers in his threads drop off, his position becomes unstable, he knows this and he then has no leverage with the admin.

I think the work he has put into the emulator is second to none as far as man hours are concerned and i would tip my hat to him every time on this front. I just couldn't abide reading comment's posted to people, shocking to say the least.

I used to have respect for the kid, but even that has been dirtied with his last round of perverse comments.

So now, i not only don't like the bloke, i have no respect whatsoever for him either.

To quote a British phrase "i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire"

With all that being said, for those who are panicking, CoinOps is going nowhere, the so called "hate club" will not, i repeat, will not, do any damage or hinder releases. He needs this emulator more than anyone else does, it's all he has in life and for that i pity the fool. You will still be able to get the latest incremental releases, as always, 2 - 3 yrs from now. It will still be the 0.84 engine no doubt.

On a positive note it's nice to hear the GUI will change, this is well overdue and will prove a decent mask for the ancient engine. Unfortunately i fear this will be built for one person i mind, like the emulator and its features it will be locked down as best as can be managed, in order not to be overshadowed by a "newbies" work. Has anyone ever seen a modded skin for CoinOps around ? How long has the emulator been available ? Do the math, what's that telling you ? Just have a think, what does that tell you ?

Im sure with a different attitude more users would come forward and offer help, the latest round of help seems to be coming from cab users, like i said, months ago you lot were considered a pest and spoke to accordingly.

Hey your all grown adults, im sure you will continue to post untill the fixes and additions stop. Will you then still be active forum members ? Some of you are new and have jumped on the BP is great bandwagon (lol, as all new members do) the reason is simple, while he's seeming to be giving you something you will continue to follow. When the giving stops will you still follow ?

Anyway thats my rant for the day, back to real life as i don't have time to sit here counting thread numbers.

Plenty of other people agree, they just don't post here at 1emu anymore coz they got sick of the shit and left. Also, it's easy for brand new members to sit back and cast judgement, without having been around to see what's actually what. And it's also interesting to see someone who's contributed nothing at all to these forums, accuse others of not contributing. Why doesn't everyone create their own emulators from scratch you say Phil? Because every console that the Xbox can emulate has already been emulated. Because contributing to a forum doesn't just mean putting your name to a piece of software. Don't want to add to the animosity you say? Then stop trying to play devil's advocate. If you really think the great one is hard done by, take a look back from the very begining, and read every post. Do the same at Xbox-Scene, and read shit storm after shit storm, created by one man's ego. You'll also find a string of people who've gone up and down his ememy list. Before I joined here it was ResurrectionX who was public ememy number 1. Now it's Cba. He always has to have someone to fight with, without that, he doesn't get the attention he needs.

Now enough of this. We're only feeding the lust for attention right now. I'm going to try and stay out of the Xbox section for a while. It honestly makes me angry coming here these days. No other internet forum does that. If Gamecop was around he'd be ashamed at the state of things here.