CoinOPS Reignite R5: Skin changes.

jukingeo

@jukingeo

Ah, I see, so you are forgiven to use a LCD. <_< Getting a new CRT is not easy in my neck of the woods either...

But since I work in TV engineering I get good used ones for free. ;)

Do you know there is a VGA Bios patch for the XBOX? That way you dont have to use a converter. I have never used it, but read about it.

Actually the only reason I ended up with a converter is because they stopped making VGA to Xbox adapters. I was told the converter was 'better' as well. Since that was what was available, I went with that. No, I wasn't aware of a bios patch for video. It might come in handy for a permanent cabinet install this way I could use as direct of a connection as possible.

Ok, I got your PM but it did not contain your email address. Can you PM it again?

What? I could have sworn I put my email address in there. That is weird.

@Cospefogo

Thanks you for your work at picture perfect aspect ratio on all the emus!

It's a sad thing that one got to have different CoinOps builds for each resolution.. That keeps me scared away right now...

It's like D.O.A said above. But to save you some time, here are the actual values that disable alpha fading:

(does not work for preview videos, just for screenshots)

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 255 0 0 0

Question: My guess is that there has to be some kind of tool out there that lets you select the color you want and then it would spit out the number you need...correct?

Thanx,

Geo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you were misinformed, check this out:

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-xb-fcbl1

I was looking under Amazon and some of the larger computer supply houses and they didn't have them. But it was around that time that someone said NOT to get a regular adapter but a converter. The converter cost me only $25, so it wasn't a big deal to go that route.

They work pretty well, but you do need to flash your BIOs, but thats pretty easy.

How do you flash a video Bios? I only know how to do the 'regular' bios as I had to do that to mod the Xbox in the first place.

any design program(photoshop, indesign,illustrator anything really)...web tool etc will tell you the rgb of a color...

its the same as whats in XBMC or anyother xml emulator...I dont see the difference between this and any other EMU xml wise

Oh! OK...I just pulled up "Paint" within Windows and by clicking "Advanced" for the color selection I get a color table and it DOES show the numbers. Great! Now the next issue is what order do you have the values on the lines? In other words which 0-255 is for Red, which is for Blue, etc, etc.

Thanx,

Geo

Ok, there are two skin folders with a skin.ini. Make sure you edit the right one. LowDef is for 480i (normal TV)

I admit there are a lot of color settings in the skin.ini. I never looked deep into it, I just changed all colors in one go. (search and replace all)

What color are looking to change exactly? Maybe I can help...

Are you looking for something like this? :(

p1030249x.jpg

Hello Oldone....just dropping a message to let you know that I got your email and I set up CoinOPs with the screen skin changes above. It looks GREAT! I just need to change the typeface to match, so when you get a shot could you let me know what to set them for?

Oh! I would like to turn off the feature that puts up those two small dots next to the name whenever you log into a game, is that possible? I can just see it now when my cabinet gets full use that the screen will be riddled with all these little dots. I prefer them OFF.

Thanx,

Geo

Edited by jukingeo