CoinOPS Reignite R5: Skin changes.

jukingeo

Ok, there are two skin folders with a skin.ini. Make sure you edit the right one. LowDef is for 480i (normal TV)

I admit there are a lot of color settings in the skin.ini. I never looked deep into it, I just changed all colors in one go. (search and replace all)

What color are looking to change exactly? Maybe I can help...

Are you looking for something like this? :)

p1030249x.jpg

YES!! YES!! That is it...perfect! How did you do that? BTW, I am using Hi-Def 720i.

Geo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget you can change the aspect ratio by altering the lines in the ini for that stuff...

I ponder why theoldone with no help could reskin CoinOPS yet other so called skinner say its locked down....and cant be skinned......I ponder why? actually I know why I think

Looks more like a colour mod to me, hang let me get my spec's, yep, not exactly "radically different".

That is due to features not being changable, both you and i, plus a few others, know this.

Never the less, looks nice, sort of glowing or is that screen shine ? lol, never can tell in photo's.

Anyhow bet that looks great in a cab !

if someone actualy wanted to spend the time they would find its more way way more skinnable than any other emu on the market....theres about 300 different things that can be positioned...you can remove or add anything one likes....you think I know a feature is locked actually I know your a total newbe and this stuff it as easy as deleting or copying a line to the single screen list...im not aguing if one spends a bit of time they know its not locked.....just takes the want....and not to be pig headed

good work theoldone.... im glad to see someone not listening to misinformation and just going and doing it :) yeah for common sense im sure if you want to move anything you could easily work it out...if not just ask ill work it out for you no worries...it looks like word that the others dont have a clue is getting around everyone now and you guys are learning its just a matter of trying :) and its happening across many areas now....with you getting to know stuff we can work together to improve stuff as you can help me if you understand what your doing and not pretend to ... I see rx the oldone and a few others are actually getting there head around things and not listneing now I can help them with some small basics there missing to achive goals :) great success

Im gone from here........skin has now been expanded with new monitor on side version switchble...good luck looks it like your in good hands...over to you theoldone :) if you want a feature or help in this or maybe xbmc drop me a PM...I will turn on the skin changer option if diff colors or something was done...if not it remains remmed out as clutter

Hi guys,

what I think CBA is meaning by "locked" skin is not that it is encrypted or something, just that some parts are not in the skin.ini. For example, I tried to change the alpha fading on the preview videos. I found it in xmvplayer.ccp.

Have a look:

Device->Begin( D3DPT_QUADLIST );

//    Device->SetVertexDataColor( D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, 0);  // ARGB (150, 50, 50, 5)
   //    Device->SetVertexDataColor( D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, 1);
if ((fRight != 640) && (fRight != 1280))
{
	Device->SetVertexDataColor( D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, D3DCOLOR_RGBA( 0, 0, 0, 0 )); // Ken Video Preview setting alpha fade effect. actually render is done at this point to the screen
}	
	Device->SetVertexData2f( D3DVSDE_TEXCOORD0, 0, fMovieHeight );  
	Device->SetVertexData4f( D3DVSDE_VERTEX, fLeft,  fBottom, 0.0f, 1.0f );

{
	Device->SetVertexDataColor( D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, D3DCOLOR_RGBA( 0, 0, 0, 0 )); // Ken Video Preview setting alpha fade effect. actually render is done at this point to the screen
}	
	Device->SetVertexData2f( D3DVSDE_TEXCOORD0, 0, 0 );
	Device->SetVertexData4f( D3DVSDE_VERTEX, fLeft,  fTop,    0.0f, 1.0f );

{
	Device->SetVertexDataColor( D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, D3DCOLOR_RGBA( 255, 255, 255, 255 ));
}
	Device->SetVertexData2f( D3DVSDE_TEXCOORD0, fMovieWidth, 0 );
	Device->SetVertexData4f( D3DVSDE_VERTEX, fRight, fTop,    0.0f, 1.0f );

{
	Device->SetVertexDataColor( D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, D3DCOLOR_RGBA( 255, 255, 255, 255 ));
	}
	Device->SetVertexData2f( D3DVSDE_TEXCOORD0, fMovieWidth, fMovieHeight );
	Device->SetVertexData4f( D3DVSDE_VERTEX, fRight, fBottom, 0.0f, 1.0f );

Device->End();

The values for alpha fading are not taken from skin.ini. They are constants. Not locked or anything, just not easy to change.

I am no coder, so I could be totally wrong here...

Changing alpha fading of screenshots is possible by editing the skin.ini though...

----

I am glad to see that development of a vertical setup is on top of your list D.O.A. You are doing a great job here. I would like help with whatever is needed. I am not a coder or skinner or anything else. And I dont have much time for this hobby. But I am a quick learner and have an eye for design. Not sure if thats the correct English term. :)

I use CoinOps in 720p in my livingroom and 480i on my cab, horizontal and vertical. So I can test a lot of variations... So, if there is anything I can do to support your project, I am willing to try, just give me a task...

And just for the record, I will not participate in this ongoing soap opera stuff between you guys here. :)

sure as explained its not locked its a feature request ........ it is fixed in showcase 2 just not ported over as I didnt see any point ... its a 2 sec fix

just change these if ((fRight != 640) && (fRight != 1280)) to if ((fRight == 11640) && (fRight == 111280)) to remove the alpha fade and recompile :)

@jukingeo

Dont tell me you are using a HiDef LCD TV in your cab. That would be blasphemy! <_< CRT is the way to go dude... ;) But anyway PM me your email address and I will send you the skin files....

Close, I am going to use a Dell 15" (or 17") SVGA display. My goal is to make a bar top cabinet that is meant to be moved around. I don't have the space right now to build a large cabinet. So I need something I could sit on a counter/bar top or put on a shelf on the wall. Thus it has to be lightweight and small. So no CRT for this project. That would have to wait until I have room for a full size cabinet.

The reason I mentioned hi-def is because I have to use a converter box for my Xbox to use a SVGA monitor and if you use any mode other than 720i, it just looks horrible. (I am using component output on the Xbox). The monitor I intend to use will be standard 4:3 NOT widescreen. Yes, in that case I would agree, it just wouldn't look right.

Sidebar: This does point out a growing concern though about the future of 4:3 monitors. The other day I was in CostCo (a Shopping Club warehouse) and they only had ONE monitor that was 4:3. All others were in 16:9 format. The TV's were all 16:9. There was nary a CRT in site. I had noticed this for a couple years now that you CANNOT get a CRT TV in the stores anymore. You want a CRT professional arcade monitor? Be prepared to pay through the nose for it.

if someone actualy wanted to spend the time they would find its more way way more skinnable than any other emu on the market....theres about 300 different things that can be positioned...you can remove or add anything one likes....you think I know a feature is locked actually I know your a total newbe and this stuff it as easy as deleting or copying a line to the single screen list...im not aguing if one spends a bit of time they know its not locked.....just takes the want....and not to be pig headed

I am guessing that was aimed at me. Well, I DON'T expect to be handed everything on a silver platter, BUT running a business, raising twin boys and trying to make ends meet in this trying economy takes up quite a bit of my time. As it is I am lucky if I see about 5 hours sleep a week. I have even less time to work on my projects. However, I DO still want to work on my personal projects. Also, I JUST come from a long arduous task of modding my XBox and in that regard, much of the information at X-Box Scene is outdated and they have many broken links.

After a couple months of looking (and asking) for info, I FINALLY managed to get it going. When found and loaded up CoinOPs I was surprised that there was NO documentation, no links, no nothing in regards to setting anything up with the program. However, a fellow in another forum pointed out this forum and I signed myself up for it. In regards to changing the skin, I was hoping that changing a skin or some skin options would be a few settings here and there to change (as in XBMC). I didn't know I would need an entire course to do so. So that is why I am asking. And I would appreciate it if you could give a time/sleep deprived guy a break here.

Thank You,

Geo

One simple question...

On the latest versions of CoinOPS, is it possible to adjust the appearance of the

screenshot? I really would like to have the shot printed on its real size and orientation,

with no alpha overlay over it, with no stretching and specially with no distortion.

On the previous versions of CoinOPS I was not able to edit that on the INI file.

Maybe I did not find it... Or maybe it was not there.

Thanks!!

Cospefogo.

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Area = screenshot area for horizontal games ... adjust the size to anything you want .... any aspect you want

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Area = screenshot area for vertical games ... adjust the size to anything you want .... any aspect you want

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 0 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 0 0 0 0 = alpha fade for horizontal games ... adjust to anything you want

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 0 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 0 0 0 0 = alpha fade for vertical games ... adjust to anything you want

its always been there and ive never changed it...im not sure why people cant fine it...I found it on day one....anywasy this is where it is...its only misinforation that i hid it or something like that if you check any build from mamedox you will see its never changed

I dont have time to doc anything and have asked for people to do so what...also I started with the same info...and not sure what xbmc skin options your talking about sorry....just a bit confused...anyways to me this is standard skin stuff like the xmls in xbmc which I know and understand well...better than one might think <_<

@jukingeo

Ah, I see, so you are forgiven to use a LCD. <_< Getting a new CRT is not easy in my neck of the woods either...

But since I work in TV engineering I get good used ones for free. ;)

Do you know there is a VGA Bios patch for the XBOX? That way you dont have to use a converter. I have never used it, but read about it.

Ok, I got your PM but it did not contain your email address. Can you PM it again?

@Cospefogo

Thanks you for your work at picture perfect aspect ratio on all the emus!

It's a sad thing that one got to have different CoinOps builds for each resolution.. That keeps me scared away right now...

It's like D.O.A said above. But to save you some time, here are the actual values that disable alpha fading:

(does not work for preview videos, just for screenshots)

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.UpperLeft = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.UpperRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.LowerRight = 255 0 0 0

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Color.LowerLeft = 255 0 0 0