Difference: NeoGeo Emulation <=> PSX-Port ?

ad20

I've got "Marvel vs Capcom Clash of the Superheroes" (418MB) and Street Fighter Alpha 3 (514MB) both as isos for pcsxbox.

But i've got them both as NeoGeo roms as well: mvsc.zip (22MB); sfa3.zip (22B)

Is there any reason I should keep the bigger PSX isos instead the small NeoGeo roms?

Same goes for Metal Slug, i have Metal Slug 1-5 as NeoGeo roms (~30-80MB) but Metal Slug 3,4,5 also as XBOX-original games (~350MB), where's the difference?

one cool thing about having the PSX versions is can actually lose, whereas with the Arcade versions you can just keep adding credits :clapping:

If you just have them for Player Vs. Player and you don't play the computer I would just stick with the NEOGEO roms

Just a side note, niether Marvel vs Capcom nor Street Fighter Alpha 3 are NeoGeo. They're CPS2 roms.

In the case of SFA3, the PSX version has more characters than the original arcade version. T. Hawk, Fei Long, and Dee Jay were added. Balrog, Juni and Juli were made regular characters, and Evil Ryu, Shin Akuma, and Guile were added as secret characters in the World Tour mode. The Dreamcast version is better though, and the unlockable version in Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2 is even better. That one's basically the same as Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper only with all the extra modes. If the Xbox was capable of emulating the NAOMI, then SFZ3 Upper, would be your best choice.

The PSX version of Marvel vs Capcom on the other hand is complete shit. The PSX didn't have enough ram to handle the tag team system. So instead it's a one on one with the second member acting as an assist. The Dreamcast port is arcade perfect. So defininitely stick with the CPS2 rom here.

I'm not sure what was added for the Xbox ports of the Metal Slug games, if anything. I have the Metal Slug Anthology on PS2 and that didn't add anything to any of them, they were just like the arcade versions. So I'd probably say stick with the NeoGeo roms there too.

ok, neither do I have a Dreamcast nor a PS2, so if I got you right you recommend me:

SFA3 -> PSX emulation

Marvel vs Capcom -> CPS2 emulation

Metal Slug -> ??? -> Profit

Regarding Metal Slug, since my xbox is a 64MB-version, won't it certainly slowdown at some points when emulating Metal Slug 4 or 5 via FBL? The xbox versions on the other hand don't have to be emulated and thus won't have such flaws, will they?

Slightly on topic, I was wondering if any arcade emulator plays the MK games as well as that ISO file I just installed on my box that I've had for well over a year.

It ripped (supposedly) perfect arcade ports from other XBox games and gave them a frontend launcher.

It's actually really cool, and seems to me to play perfect.

Should I keep this?

Regarding Metal Slug, since my xbox is a 64MB-version, won't it certainly slowdown at some points when emulating Metal Slug 4 or 5 via FBL? The xbox versions on the other hand don't have to be emulated and thus won't have such flaws, will they?

Use the speed up cpu feature in FBL to get rid of slowdown in-game, its in the options.

FBL will play everything you're wanting fine without slowdown, except for perhaps Metal Slug 2, which has slowdown on the original arcade cartridge, as Neil says speeding up the CPU might get rid of that. I'd only bother emulating the PSX version of SFA3 if you're bothered about the extra characters.