Hey BP...

ressurectionx

Could anybody tell me where the file is that I need to rename a rom in the emu?

Some games need to be renamed. For example, I have both Tapper and Root Beer Tapper on my system. Unfortunately, the emu displays both as just "Tapper".

Thanks!

EDIT:

I also want both 2 and 4 player versions of TMNT I & II and the Simpsons and I'll probably need do that for them too.

Edited by ressurectionx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think remember for TMNT I & II you must go in the arcade game setings to activate the 4p option.

I know, it is really stupid for some games it is not by default ... i don't know if it possible to made it by default :P

Could anybody tell me where the file is that I need to rename a rom in the emu?

Some games need to be renamed. For example, I have both Tapper and Root Beer Tapper on my system. Unfortunately, the emu displays both as just "Tapper".

Thanks!

EDIT:

I also want both 2 and 4 player versions of TMNT I & II and the Simpsons and I'll probably need do that for them too.

if ($remember == 'well') { $file == '/save-dir/catver.ini'; }

else { $file == 'I-can't-be-sure...'; }

Jokes apart, I think it is on the catver.ini file.

Or in the romlist file, both in the E/TDATA/COINOPS-SAVE-DIR/

Other file that has a huge collections of names inside it is the MAMEOX.XBE,

but on this one you will need to go by HEX EDITING.

Best,

Cospefogo.

cant hex edit it sorry :thumbsup1: as the name is longer....you can change all the avilible letters

Guess I'll have to do that then. Gotta have something differntiating between Tapper and Root Beer Tapper especially.

Maybe you could add these changes in your current code, even though it's not going to do me any good?

if you want ill do you a build

itemise the name changes.....and sensitivity changes.....give me the roms,pics...videos cfg...nvs....ill make the changes and give you the xbes+extra support files

if you msn I could show you the stuff you missed...etc

also fixing the stuff NES said is easy as you can see...i love the way people say its impossible and I cant code but I fixed it in mins when asked as the first video support didnt support this..the next version did though

I'm not going to say anything else about the FBL situation except I appreciate your support on the idea that it can be done. I might not be book smart, but I do know a bit about the general workings of things and with all the time I put into this project, I can't imagine that if somebody with skills wanted to get it done that they couldn't.

This is nothing more than a tale of desire, and the lack thereof....

That's all I'm saying though because we both know 2 weeks from now we could be locking horns just like that ourselves :thumbsup1:

I appreciate your offer.

PM me your MSN again. I think I have it, but I want to be sure.

I'm really busy putting the finishing touches on the Xtras console packs right now and doing all the upload prep stuff. Some of that has large gaps of time though where I have things zipping and/or torrentzipping and/or uploading and/or converting from jpg to jpg and/or converting from large size to the "ideal" no-larger-than-318-px-wide-or-tall-for-artwork packs and/or creating datfiles and/or creating cut files.......... LOL

I don't blame you if you skimmed over that paragraph. It had to be boring. It's basically my memoirs of the last 2-4 years. :-)

Anyways.... I may have some free time to sit and discuss things with you, and if they aren't too difficult or time consuming we may be able to help each other.

We'll be in touch,

~Rx

Hey there BP,

There is a interesting feature on Xport's emus called 10x11 pixel aspect ratio.

It is also called 720x480 mode. As far as I know, it is a native function part

of the Xbos SDK, something like that. I think I even have the code on my old

PMs for this over XboxScene.

Have you heard about it?

What do you think about having it available on the next version?

This tool "shrinks" horizontally the pixel aspect ratio, and this could

be superbly useful for games like CPS1 and CPS2 that have 384 pixels

on width.

On the actual versions, it is impossible to fit the screen on pixel 1:1 without

losing 24 pixels on each side, thing which is unacceptable. It is too much

screen cropped.

The 720x480 mode could help a lot, since it will "force" without aspect ratio

corruption the screen to fit a bit better on the 320 pixels natural screen width.

Please consider this.

It is just a simple function to be added to the options.

Thanks!

Cospefogo.