Hey BP...

ressurectionx

EDIT:

Anybody else please feel free to chime in. I know that there are other people working with BP who could tell me the answer.

If you find settings that work for a game you can add them to the vm.txt file. Then when you set VMM back to Auto it will use those settings.

That's how it worked in all previous builds of MAMEoX anyway.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks T,

Too difficult for me. I'm just going to scrap all of them from my collection.

They're all in the spreadsheet so BP knows which ones could possibly be tweaked.

EDIT:

Yeah... I pretty much got it set up how I want it.

Spreadsheet says everything I did to get any games working that weren't in the top 1,500 games.

I really don't have time to work on this anymore after this week, so that's on BP and his people to add them officially to future releases.

Thanks for the good times and good luck.

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

RX,

I notice you have astro fighter listed as no sound, well it uses samples, so put them in the samples dir and voila Sound.

there are others like this aswell.

and have you noticed galaga in FBL the firing is messed up, likes its stuck on autofire.

Hi BP,

Just curious, how likely do you think an option launch a game at its native resolution will be to make its way into the next version of CoinOps? For Instance, Bionic Commando would launch at 640x480 since it would be the equivalent of 320x240 at 480i/p.

Thanks again for the great emulator!

I second, I third, I fourth that.

Really. Over the name of my mother.

I really wish, dream, pray for that.

I wont be adding that feature although its a 10sec do(720p menu luanching into 480p/i games)...I dont see any point....

cheers RX :) videos are only low res at present but its all good

Hey BP,

With all respect to your incredible work, I really don't understand why you

are so reluctant in add this feature to the emulator options. We are not asking

for a silly embellishment or a ultra-super-complex emulator modification.

It is just a way to launch the game on its original and natural screensize.

I know it is easy for me to talk, since I am not a developer, but I have been

seeing you say many many times things like "...this feature is a 10sec do...".

Looks like to me it is a very simple thing on the coding/developing side.

Am I wrong?

If it is easy, why not include it?

I asked for simple NUMBERS on the screensize adjustment in the past, but

you were reluctant to add it yet. Then me (and now some followers) did our

crazy (yes, I assume, neurotic) screen configs by trial and error, on a dark

blank screen! Also, I suggested for a way to have a pattern on the screen

config, but we don't have it too.

For my person it is much more important to have a game running on a

correct screen aspect ratio than having fancy video previews or other

feature that really does not affect any part of the essence of the whole

thing - the game play itself.

I am not fighting, I am not criticizing, I just want to stand my point of

view. You know BP, I told you many times that I was a fierce defendant

and bold user of HK$ MAMEoX128Plus, I loved that emulator, but on the

day I was able to setup my HexEdited versions of CoinOPS running

Shadow Dancer and Shinobi so perfect as I never ever saw before, I dumped

every single other MAME emulator out of my Xbox.

For me CoinOPS is simple the BEST.

Maybe my post could sound like moaning words, but l really would

like, again, to suggest a way to have the games running on their

native configurations. I could go even further, to have each game saving

on its own INI their very own config for the screensize. This could be

the BEST FEATURE in the universe, but I think it changes to much

the foundation codes and rotines for MAMEoX.

Please, take in consideration a simple single option...

[LAUCHING GAMES ON ITS ORIGINAL SCREENSIZE RATIO] ......... ON/OFF

Well, that's it.

Besides that, keep up the great job.

For sure I own you and all other Xbox Emu Developers the MANY HOURS

of fun that I have on my Xbox playing the old arcade games.

Cospefogo.

Answer to Cospefogo....ive looked at this but no one would discuss the issues...and in truth theres some tech difficulities and needed tester etc to make this happen as id never test it right....spend a full day with me build testing and debugging and it will have one option and one only ..... Run game at native resolution and center = Enable/Disable (might allow it running 2x in 720p)

Answer to Rx...no worries as stated ive allready done a full build of 2300 games and saved it...a while ago.....but release anything its always good....you can thank CBA and Xbox and Iceman for not wanting Showcase 2 released it would have answered all of this stuff ive seen games wise and skinwise

Answer to +T+ vm.txt and now also vmhidef.txt as somethimes you need a bit more virtual mem for hidef games

to helpers that did tests for me....you should give them the other issues you found with FBL in diff resolutions...it looks like rx only did it in sd...I know you now are using a FB core but your info will help them....I know at the time they didnt want to listen but maybe you can add it to rx place...ill stay out of it but thanks for your help on testing and removing stuff from mine

One final time.....I know theres a million questions...I know of the download demands that CoinOPS is probably the strongest....

But we have to face facts....DEV HERE IS POINTLESS AND YOUR HELPERS DONT GIVE YOU HELP BUT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO SIMPLE THINGS WITHOUT WAY TO MUCH GRIEF..I HAVE TO DISCUSS MISSINFORMATION...STUPID FACTS...ETC AND JUSTIFY THINGS I KNOW ARE NOT CORRECT WHEN IT WONT MATTER ANYWAYS...MY BUILD IS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR BUILD DUE TO FACTS...YOURS IS JUST PATCHS OF STUFF FROM MY BUILD.....I LEFT XBOC SCENE FOR THE SAME REASON AND NOW ITS SIMLAR HERE....NO REAL WORK CAN HAPPEN HERE....SAME AS XBOX SCENE I SEE ALOT OF WRONG INFO ABOUT COINOPS THERE ALOT BUT NO ONE WANTED MY COMMENTS SO NOW I REMOVED MYSELF FROM THERE PERMANANTLY.... if you want proper support I need proper support...find a proper dev place or else CBA and his friends can help you....and so far ive seen no help on little things from them.....people dont even know how easy it is to fix little things in FBL and other EMUs that im not part of...alot of the questions like parent video/pics are in my sources and sorted out

Like I said.

I found a whole bunch that doesn't work right in CoinOPS R5 and fixed it for myself where I could.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how some of this stuff supposedly worked in previous builds when it doesn't now.

Take it or leave it man. There was a lot of testing that I've done here and things that should be added and changed for future releases. The spreadsheet will be there when you decide to do this, but I won't be around.

Later,

~Rx

Hello,

I can help you test this as well. I think what your saying here would work. In my experience, simple is better. I have some ideas on how the user interface could work with this implementation, but have a few questions for you. I sent you a message via MSN, so IM me when you get a moment.

Thanks again

Answer to Cospefogo....ive looked at this but no one would discuss the issues...and in truth theres some tech difficulities and needed tester etc to make this happen as id never test it right....spend a full day with me build testing and debugging and it will have one option and one only ..... Run game at native resolution and center = Enable/Disable (might allow it running 2x in 720p)

Cool man. Good luck to you and thanks for the emulator.

Hopefully the spreadsheet is of use and you can get more games officially supported someday using it.

I may come back now and again to see if you got Allowance Mode or the 2player alternating on old games.

Later,

~Rx

Hello,

I can help you test this as well. I think what your saying here would work. In my experience, simple is better. I have some ideas on how the user interface could work with this implementation, but have a few questions for you. I sent you a message via MSN, so IM me when you get a moment.

Thanks again

Ok, ok then!

Let me become part of the testing crew for this feature.

I want to collaborate on it. It is a really important matter to me.

Is your MSN still the same?

NATIVE SCREENSIZE + CENTERED will be a bless!

Cospefogo.