Hey BP...

ressurectionx

I did notice while testing that quite a few suggestions I had a few years back for control configs were put in. (I don't know if you put them in at my request or if somebody else requeted them, but good work). The Trivial Pursuit games using the Red and Green buttons are one such fix. I also saw that you got some other non-working stuff to work since I was looking at this stuff a few years back.

I'm not done with my adds and getting all the artwork and videos for only the added working games yet. When I am, maybe we'll work together a few hours and get anything in there you dont' have yet.

Later,

~Rx

P.S. Is the Allowance Mode and/or 2 controllers alternating on old 2 player alternating games working in R6 then?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your list misses 100s of working games..... but im sure you ment it to be that way....

I havent looked at both those things for r6....but ill add those games you had issues in properly if you want....just need the help its all easy stuff to do...ill change the sources if needed as well

TIP #1 for RX - since you are helping yourself out...ill give you a tip.....the second boot issues can be solved by copying the NV (non volitile memory) folder...some games have wierd issues on boot or need to be setup diff before being played so you can save the GameName.nv file in the nv file...you will see ive added alot to CoinOPS now so no one has to do this first boot stuff...if you want some more added by default....no one will have to boot 2 times again :) .... its hard to help people that actualy just think they know but by the info given to me I can tell they havent really looked into things

if CBA,ice or neil enters the conversation again it will only be addressed by PM/MSN RX....

your list misses 100s of working games..... but im sure you ment it to be that way....

I havent looked at both those things for r6....but ill add those games you had issues in properly if you want....just need the help its all easy stuff to do...ill change the sources if needed as well

TIP #1 for RX - since you are helping yourself out...ill give you a tip.....the second boot issues can be solved by copying the NV (non volitile memory) folder...some games have wierd issues on boot or need to be setup diff before being played so you can save the GameName.nv file in the nv file...you will see ive added alot to CoinOPS now so no one has to do this first boot stuff...if you want some more added by default....no one will have to boot 2 times again :) .... its hard to help people that actualy just think they know but by the info given to me I can tell they havent really looked into things

if CBA,ice or neil enters the conversation again it will only be addressed by PM/MSN RX....

I didn't have time to go through all the games this time, since I need to wrap up my end shortly, so that's probably why it's missing any games. Also, it doesn't include any non-arcade roms. I just took the WMVs that I had which were not already used for coinops and decided what I'd try to add from there.

Also, my list does not include any games that were already included in the "Top 1,500" datfile that was included in the R5 package that I downloaded. I figured if a game made it into that list then it was already tested by you. I have all of those "Top 1,500" games in my setup except for about 10 that I can't find.

I'll talk to you about it more when I'm done testing what I'm going to test.

Later,

~Rx

EDIT: I also did not test any roms you hadn't already included that were sports games (with a few exceptions). Tons of golf & baseball games were removed, as well as a few basketball, tennis and others. I'm not a big fan of sports games and they usually don't work very well in MAME without a lot of configuring)

Also not tested were all trivia games that weren't the Trival Pursuit games. (Since most of them were really old, looked very primitive, and I don't know any of the answers lol)

Obviously all text heavy foreign and mahjong games were not tested either. :)

Edited by ressurectionx

yes every game was something like 2300 or so..... <_<... hey im shifting over to dev forum for a while as theres a bit to do and little time....PM or MSN Ill be leaving this up to you guys for a few weeks at least... PS other thread rubbish means this would be the case anyways ... but I can add the support files in seconds.... even though cba thinks they are bugs they arnt hes a newbe people just need to learn how mame works

its about 6800 games with console games....yes its easy to do us instead of parent if you understand mame....ask cba as he thinks its the bugs or something.....

no offense but I cant be arsed........here now.....its always been the home of CoinOPS but im tending to use my new home now

you will need to listen to this....MSN or PM only now.....any other way will go on deaf ears....this stuff is very easy but this is not a good way to do any development work for me

I understand what you're saying man.

I'm just not ready to talk with you yet because there is still testing and compiling romsets to do on my end. There's no need to IM each other at this point because we'd just be wasting our time right now.

I just may have a question or two while I'm setting that up, and as you can see, people are respecting my wishes here and not blasting this thread. <_<

I'll state my question differently this time.

How many working games are there in CoinOPS currently, that are Arcade Games?

Cool thanks.

That must mean that I've filtered out a lot of the crap. ;)

I'll be happy when I make only the adds and the clone changes to US roms that I'm planning. I dare anyone to find a better version after I'm done. <_<

If I don't have any more questions about setup you won't hear from me again in this thread, but you might.

Otherwise, I'll let you know when I'm done in PM and we'll talk about adding this stuff for the future so I don't have to do it all again if I decide to upgrade my CoinOPS emu in the future.

Thanks,

~Rx