CoinOps reignite showcase < compatible? > Final Burn Legends

ad20

black tiger will crash in FBL and is unplayable as well as black dragon and clones..also espraid has slow down unless over clocked....to add to the missing games which there is Raiden Fighter 2000...Raiden....R-Type 1, R-Type 2, R-Type Leo...R-Type 3rd lighting and Super R-Type supported in CoinOPS....your missing some other great shumps though...fumanchu can help you there...there are some great ones as good as raiden..like Samurai Aces, Boogie Wings, Cyvern, skull fang, vassara 1 and vassara 2 and many more later good ones try them you will be surprised

also FBL seems to miss the hacks like samsho and kof and last blade boss edtions....kof2004...hacks these are in your cat of games but are botlegs or hacks so you may not want them

Just for your info do what you like....check this and you may see what they tell you falls short of the full story...im sick of explaining the issues I see clear as day I see other people are noticing this stuff around now so it is what it is.....there is a reasons why I was added as staff, trust me enough to check it out.....

all the neo geo stuff you said runs smooth as in all res in CoinOPS....60 solid frames a sec no issues at all...I play them alot and cant tell the diff between CoinOPS and FBL or FBA neogeo wise....id love to actually know how they differ on screen....they only seem to change board layout stuff and remove speed hacks and not actually improve real world playablity or look...ive played nearly all those games to the end with no known issues anywhere ive seen or heard...if there where diff in CPS2 or NeoGeo I would have changed to them the day I recieved the patches but I didnt want to change everyones roms for no real world differences

There are benifits to FBL for sure ... filters ... cps2 is smoother.... 1080i if you want any of those features then it will do the games better that it does support....

"I dont beleive it they say...ummmm I say check it out brother ^_^" there prob more thats just the reported ones

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thx for all your help so far, i've somehow managed to get this whole FBL CoinOps mess to work:

FBL and CoinOps have the same rom-folder as well the same xmv-folder. All my games are listed in the FBL favourites except R-Type, Black Tiger, Radein and ESP Ra De, they are in the CoinOps favs.

As for Raiden, it's a pity no other version except the first one can't run on xbox yet.

@ The-Ice-Man

thx for the hint to look for MAME 0.136 Roms, they all run smoothly.

@ CoinOPS COMBUSTION

i'm really into side-scrolling shooters, which ones can you recommend me as well?

a guy who has the same taste in games as me..

recommended side-scrolling shmups.

neogeo

pulstar

last resort

blasing star

ironclad(oh yes)

arcdade shooters

gradius

gradius 2 aka vulan venture

gradius 3

pardodius

sexy parodius

gikkyou parodius(something like that)

parodius da

rtype

rtype 2

salamander

salamander2

cotton

zero wing

hellfire

eco fighters

forgotten worlds

raiden fighters 2(2000)

take a look here for more arcade shooters.

http://www.shmups.com/xenocidefiles/arcade.html

vert shooters

also do not forget to try the raizing/8ing shooters.

baatle garrega

battle bakraid

armed poice batrider

dimahoo(released by capcom)

mahou daisakusen

great mahou daisakusen

oher cave shooters

guwange

esp rade

donpachi

dodonpachi

dangun feveron

air gallet(not by cave but released on the same cave arcade hardware)

mazinger-z

toaplan

truxton/tatsujin

truxton 2 (brilliant)

zero wing

hellfire

batsugun

batsugun special version

capcom

19xx war against destiny

forgotten worlds

eco fighters

dimahoo

psyckio

strikers 1945 plus(neogeo arcade hardware)

gunbird

gunbird2

strikers 1945

strikers 1945 2

strikers 1945 3

dragon blaze

sol divide

space bomber

sengoku ace

tengai

Side-scrollers are the shit, cool compilation man.

The only way to port Raiden to the xbox is by a psx-iso, ain't it?

One last request, i've got a liking to those preview vids playing in the background but those xmv are ass-difficult to find, i've got one torrent but it's as slow as rare.

Any hints where to find such xmvs? Dunno if they violate the forum rules.

Side-scrollers are the shit, cool compilation man.

The only way to port Raiden to the xbox is by a psx-iso, ain't it?

One last request, i've got a liking to those preview vids playing in the background but those xmv are ass-difficult to find, i've got one torrent but it's as slow as rare.

Any hints where to find such xmvs? Dunno if they violate the forum rules.

yeah the only way to play raiden 2 and raiden dx is on pcsxbox and they are arcade perfect ports.(check your pm).

there are the xmv files that dam-soft uploaded for coinops reignite,do you want links for that??

whoa, that's really quite old. man

thx for the offer but the oldest system i actively play are those arcade ones i think

on my xbox, i have currently following systems:

MAME via CoinOps

NeoGeoOps via Final Burn Legends

NES via Madnafe-NES

SNES via sNESxbox or how it's called

Sega Megadrive via neoGenesis

Play-Station1 via pcsxbox

n64 via surreal64

and the xbox originals

that's all system i'm familiar with, older ones might give the kick to real hardcore nostalgia-fans but i'm fine with the late 80s and 90s generally

i've already made great success with your help regarding FBL and coinops, so any side scrolling shooter you can recommend me for those systems is much appreciated

Erm, Turbographx/PC-Engine is no older than SNES or Genesis/Megadrive, it's another great machine/console of the 16bit days, home of some of the best shmups ever made, even more if you look for the CD version of some, like Lords of Thunder and others. Also, has many great arcade conversions too.

Well worth the time to explore it. ;)

you missed Samurai Aces, Boogie Wings, Cyvern, Carrier Airwing , Giga Wing , Macross Plus , Macross 2, P-47, P-47 Aces, Shippu Mahou Daisakusen, Silkworm , Skull Fang, Varth , Progear , Storm Blade, Super Space Fortress Macros, Vassara 1 and Vassara 2 fumunachu whats up ;) also notice some great ones that I konw of that play in CoinOPS from the SNES and Mdrive...pc engine now runs in CoinOPS as well...need a list of top games for my showcase build funanchu...not just shooters :)

If you have CoinOPS reignite Showcase just sort by type and look at topdown shooters or horizontal shooters...all the games from this thread are in it......posted by me and posted by others and many many more, all 100 percent going and sorted out properly...all from peoples recommendations over years

(from what ive read I dont think you have showcase as it has all the games you asked for all running 100percent and could look for yourself quickly at all of them sorted for you with videos so you dont even have to play them :) )

ad20 PM fumanchu for the special surpirise, add it to CoinOPS and rescan your games :) you will find alot of extra sidesroller shooter and other top stuff that he and others recommended :)

whoa, that's really quite old. man

thx for the offer but the oldest system i actively play are those arcade ones i think

on my xbox, i have currently following systems:

MAME via CoinOps

NeoGeoOps via Final Burn Legends

NES via Madnafe-NES

SNES via sNESxbox or how it's called

Sega Megadrive via neoGenesis

Play-Station1 via pcsxbox

n64 via surreal64

and the xbox originals

that's all system i'm familiar with, older ones might give the kick to real hardcore nostalgia-fans but i'm fine with the late 80s and 90s generally

i've already made great success with your help regarding FBL and coinops, so any side scrolling shooter you can recommend me for those systems is much appreciated

Gates of Thunder and Lords of Thunder are two of the greatest shooters ever made. I would also reccomend ZsnexBox for the majority of SNES games.