Off topic

cba.gy

Hi D.O.A. if you're BritneySPAIRS then you have my full respect. The Master is Back ;) I'm really happy to see that.

Why can't this fags stop bitching about our projects/threads and stay away? Rather than bitch about do it yoursel if you know everything better!

OOOh the irony.

Do you have a blanket over your head, crying into a cam-corder ?

Mascara running down your face. Bless !

It's been done love !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi D.O.A. if you're BritneySPAIRS then you have my full respect. The Master is Back :) I'm really happy to see that.

I'm really no fake account. I have just 6 posts and I'm registered at this forum since Oct 09. I'm just a big big fan of the work from BP.

Why can't this fags stop bitching about our projects/threads and stay away? Rather than bitch about do it yoursel if you know everything better!

Don't feed the trolls! Has this forum no ignore-function?!

Ok sorry I don't want flamewars here. I couldn't really follow the threads because of the constant bickering. Can I help you with anythign? Creating videos previews, screenshots?

ay mate ...why dont you just blow him chief! ;)

Sorry to come into 'your' thread, but am I right in thinking that you've now taken nearly every Xport emulator and made your program launch them? Why are 'we few people' the only ones who see that as niether impressive nor morally right? I mean, it's not impressive because if you want to play Megadrive, Snes etc, you've been able to for years with NeoGenesis, Zsnes etc. What exactly makes launching those emulators from 'your' program better than running them themselves? Does your program emulate the games more accurately somehow? Forget for a moment the issues of taking other people's work and such, what's the actual motive for putting all of these existing emulators into CoinOps? As a user, why would I want to use CoinOps to play Sonic on, instead of NeoGenesis? What is it that your program is supposed to to better?

The one thing i have issue with, nobody has touched on yet.

Imagine the scenario i want to play, say "Mario" SNES version.

I would have to launch CoinOps then launch the seperate core for SNES.

All time consuming surely ?

Then there are those that could argue "use cut files for speed" well

if thats the case then there is no need for screenshots or video previews is there.

All seems a little pointless to me.

An old phrase "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Read them properly BP, perfectly good points and concerns.

Which you haven't answered, again !

As far as whinging and insecure goes, no problems here.

Perhaps you should have a read of your reply's, now who's whinging and bitter.

"Moderator's Please remove these post's" dear me, how child like !

Just answer the questions in an adult manner, thats all.

Theres no wonder your mad on numbers in your topics, 50% of it is you arguing or whinging.

Have some dignity man.

No I will not go away. What I just said isn't bitter, fake, silly, pointless, rude, whiny or insecure. It's a serious question which you haven't answered. A question that mods should not move as it relates directly to CoinOps, and as such belongs in this thread. What does 'your' program do better than the emulators you have inserted into it do? Answer the question please. Take Neogenesis as an example. I have Neogenesis on my Xbox with a full romset of Megadrive and Mega CD games loaded. It emulates them accurately, with fully mappable controls, a variety of screen filters and settings, savestates, cheat creator and so on. The UI has a dynamic interface, previews, and music player. I can choose from a number of skins on the fly if I want to change the emulator's appearance at any time. I'm sure there are other features I'm missing. Now I'm asking you, in all seriousness, what does CoinOps offer, that Neogenesis does not? Your friend there seems to have just suggested that it offers nothing better. I want you to tell me, with the thousands of lines of code you've written, what improvements have you made to the Megadrive emulating experience?

This is a prime example of why you're a twat. You haven't even read what's been said. I asked a serious question, you refuse to answer. I'll ask again. What does your new unseen version of CoinOps do, that the Xport and other emulators you've put into it do not? I'm asking you to justify taking the work of countless people and putting it into 'your' program as if it's your own. If your only answer is to make everything launch from 'your' platform, then it's not a good enough excuse to me. If on the other hand you've made vast improvements to the emulation, added stunning new features that are not present in the emulators as they were, then maybe you might have something. Go ahead, amaze me with an answer.

who the feck are you iceman to say its not good enough for you? what give you the right that I should listen to you? cause if I had a nuke everything you guys said buttonon my thread it would have been used long ago

I have the right to say whatever the hell I want to you, and considering the way you behave you deserve a lot worse abuse than I've ever given you. I should be the one asking you what right you have to speak to people the way you do. At least what I write actually makes sense. All this talk of moving the 'scene' forward and by your own addition, you've made no improvements to the emulators you're now including in 'your' program. It's fine though, you add a full credit log, naming everyone involved in all the emulators you're now using, as well as the mameox team, and I'll have no problem with you anymore. I'll look on CoinOps as what it's basically become, a frontend for Xbox emulators. Which is fine so long as proper permissions and credits are given. You were of course given permission by all the authors weren't you?

Did Xport get permission from the authors he ported his emulators from? Did the people who ported MAMEox?

I believe Xport did at the time, he acknowledges the original PC applications on his now outdated website. I don't know about the MAMEox team. I do know that it's good practice to get permission to use anyone's work on anything if possible, and to credit them when you do. As for what app have I provided? I provided the Reality Check App. It's a great little app that tells you you're not God's gift to the world, no matter how many lines of code you write. Unfortunately not everyone uses the app, which is why his lordship is so revered.

Anyway, I got my answer, with the usual bile and babble as expected. I haven't downloaded a CoinOps release in ages, and still have no reason to, but when this one's out I will, just to read the credits list. That part alone will interest me very much.

Xport was not a part of the Mameox team the mameox team went to him for help and he wrote some code for them. He says something about this in the thread he had when he released all his sources. And said in that thread his sources for mameox were not his to give. It was not his project it was somebody elses he just lent them a hand

Xport wanted all future code for his emulators to be merged into one code. A little pissing match happened because of this with a couple different coders and it never happened. Something about the way the 2 different coders approached video preview display. I don't think I saw xport post alot since.

Edited by run088

Did Xport get permission from the authors he ported his emulators from? Did the people who ported MAMEox?

I believe Xport did at the time, he acknowledges the original PC applications on his now outdated website. I don't know about the MAMEox team. I do know that it's good practice to get permission to use anyone's work on anything if possible, and to credit them when you do.

Then I would recommend that you contact Xport and the MAMEox developers pronto and get on them to update their sites or whatever to be sure they credit everyone who created any source the emulators use.

While your at it, don't you think that maybe the people that actually develop the arcade hardware should get props too? And lets not forget the game programmers.

See what I'm getting at? We all stand on the shoulders of those who came before. Its how the human race advances.

As for what app have I provided? I provided the Reality Check App. It's a great little app that tells you you're not God's gift to the world, no matter how many lines of code you write. Unfortunately not everyone uses the app, which is why his lordship is so revered.

So you've never put out anything. Whatever. Until you do something worthwhile to contribute to the scene, then your criticism means nothing.