This is unbelievable

Devia Eleven

I read every single post, interestingly enough.

The United States Air Force Technical Training, (Tech School), is filled with (6-9 month in service), recruits from all around the country. The majority of these recruits, are 18-22 year old, immature, males and females with Middle School mannerisms and customs. Tech School is not college, but our troops treat it like it is. For instance, on the weekends, a large percentage of people housed in my squadron, look forward to the weekends, to drink underage, drive while under the influence, and have sex. Our entire squadron gets restricted or gets punished due to the despicable choices of a small group of people.

I've been in the Air Force for seven months, you have to understand, people in the Air Force are indeed worse than the average civilian, 90% of Air Force recruits join the Air Force because their far too lazy to live real life, so they use this service as a crutch to skip the proverbial, (live in your mother's house, work, get loans, and go to college deal). This is why many of us, (not including myself), are scum of the earth, dick in the dirt feeble-minded.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The United States Air Force Technical Training, (Tech School), is filled with (6-9 month in service), recruits from all around the country. The majority of these recruits, are 18-22 year old, immature, males and females with Middle School mannerisms and customs. Tech School is not college, but our troops treat it like it is. For instance, on the weekends, a large percentage of people housed in my squadron, look forward to the weekends, to drink underage, drive while under the influence, and have sex. Our entire squadron gets restricted or gets punished due to the despicable choices of a small group of people.

I've been in the Air Force for seven months, you have to understand, people in the Air Force are indeed worse than the average civilian, 90% of Air Force recruits join the Air Force because their far too lazy to live real life, so they use this service as a crutch to skip the proverbial, (live in your mother's house, work, get loans, and go to college deal). This is why many of us, (not including myself), are scum of the earth, dick in the dirt feeble-minded.

you sound just as judgemental and closed minded as those you are complaining against. I have many family members who served in all branches of the military and find your generalizing comments despicable. If this is how you interact with those around you, bitter and disrespectful I can understand why you are having a hard time.

you sound just as judgemental and closed minded as those you are complaining against. I have many family members who served in all branches of the military and find your generalizing comments despicable. If this is how you interact with those around you, bitter and disrespectful I can understand why you are having a hard time.

Very well said, this is mostly the problem that I realized within my everyday methods.

This is the main dilemma, I have an undesirable trait that not many can relate to, and I can easily tell myself why my life is the way it is. I am unintentionally and illogically prejudice against people for their accounts of ignorance, I over-analyze small quips made towards me that have no significance, I care about other people's opinions, generally, more than the task at hand, I care about other people's thoughts about me to the point where I can go physiologically unstable, resulting in me not being able to study material, and not being able to mentally pinpoint attention of what actually matters. I am a very pedantic individual.

Well when you're surrounded by assholes, you're bound to start generalising. If every Spanish man I met punched me in the face, I'd probably say I hate Spaniards. If I joined the Air Force and everyone was a bastard to me, I'd probably hate Air Force cadets too. Maybe you need to transfer somewhere else.

It doesn't have to be all. It may only be a few, but a few is enough to shape your opinion of the masses. It'd only take a punch in the face from a few Spaniards before I said I hate them all, even though I'd know that in reality the rest of Spain is fine. If you're getting racial abuse from a group of people, they're the ones in the wrong, not you. If that kind of thing was going on in a job, you'd either file a complaint, or start looking for a new job, not sit and think about how you could alter yourself to stop the abuse.

Well Inky hit it before I did... I was winding up with my question... Im a fan of posturing.

I find that I'm overly critical of others. But then again, I'm hyper critical of myself, but you may never see that.

I can relate to putting too much merit in what others think of me... or at least I did when I was younger, younger that you. I have grown to the point where I ignore any negativity toward me. Be then again sometimes I seem to dwell.

I can also relate to generalizing people, but what you got to do is remember that anyone can surprise you. I've witness idiots being brilliant, lackwits being witty, and fools being wise. Right when you think you've got it all figured out, something happens and makes you re-evaluate.

Your still young. You have alot to experience yet. Alot. Don't become an asshole. You sound as if your taking that path.

What you need to do is find your center. Zen. Accept and let pass, the things around you. I know I'm telling you what you need... and so might alot of people... but really, find your center. Analyze without being judgmental. It's hard, but rewarding. You may just be able to filter meaning from bullshit.

FIND YOUR CENTER.

Balance is hard to obtain, and even harder to maintain. You say you care too much, I know exactly what you mean... it's simple. Stop. Make yourself let go. It's easier than you think. Once you know how... or find out how.

And for gods sake stop being an ass. You come off as holier than thou. I used to be of a similar mind... And even if you are superior... you really arent. Too hard to explain... do you understand? We are all in the same boat.

I agree on controlling your mind and emotions, and not letting them control you. There are those in this world you won't be able to relate to very well. It's not a perfect world and we are not perfect human beings, this is the nature of being human. Try and exercise the inner wisdom in applying these fundamental facts to your everyday life, and maybe the burden may bear less on you. To give in to your lower faculties, which is what some of us are observing in this thread, is for you to let those that don't know any better affect you - invade your senses and let you defeat yourself.

I don't think anyone can say they enjoy the idea of people controlling your life by being nothing but what they are, people; imperfect, obstinate, degenerate... though only one-half of the whole that makes us human.

Look at the positive that exists in people even if you don't witness it, and realize its inside you too.