This is unbelievable

Devia Eleven

Indeed, I have very few real "friends" left anymore, because if you come across as one of society's SHEEP, I don't want to be around you.

I'm ok with it, I don't like fakes, if you have to follow some trend then you fail at life.

Agreed. Sheep is a good term too.

Hey look, a crushing wall of text from Krosigrim, haven't seen one of those in a while.

Hahaha

this is the real world.

Very true. What I get from this, is we have misconceptions about what reality is. The false reality, "own little world".

Devia Eleven, you sound like this is all somewhat surprising. You will often get remarks like the one Inky gave. I'm not harping on Inky, what I'm saying is we somewhat older guys have seen plenty of this already and we cope with it in different ways. I say cope but its more like ignore. I am not blind to this, I still see it and am aware of it everyday at some level.

Plain and simple. You don't like this reality, oh well. Reality sucks. Millions of people are starving worldwide, but everynight I throw old donuts out to replace them with fresh ones. I throw out sandwiches and fruit and bread and etc etc. 7-11 along with everyone else to my knowledge do not make arrangements to donate this food to shelters. I don't give a damn if its past expiration. That stuff is still good for a few more days, just not of superior quality.

I, like most of us here, have to work hard as hell to get some spare bucks to get what we want, let alone need. There is a lady who comes in and wastes a ton of cash on scratch offs. She bought like 70 cards yesterday on my shift. Turns out she has lost $1000's of dollars this year already.

I can go on and on but reality does indeed suck. All you can hope to do is be yourself and make your mark. Find some true friends and live. Being concerned about people who dont actually matter is meaningless.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are 1000's of jobs in any given military branch. He could be anything from a Yeoman to an MP to a mechanic to an ordinance officer or anything. It's possible he flies, but the odds are no.

You'd think military personnel would be more mature... (edit: referring to 11's piers in the AF) But since I live near a Navy base I can tell you this is not so. I have seen one guy loose his career as he was a drunk/druggy/punk kid who was growing pot in his apartment for his wife, got caught because he was drunk and banging on his neighbors door. Not the smartest guy. I've seen another girl say she is opting out as soon as she can because whatever reason. She was kinda ditsy. You'd want to think that folks protecting our country are elite superheroes. They are everyday shmoes, assholes and cool people alike... combined. I guess they send the shmoes in as fodder... heh.

But yet again reality rears its head and educates us on how it is. Nothing is perfect.

Actually i'm not surprised Military people wouldn't be as mature. It is often such institutions where groups of men/women gather that your typical ball-busting, ethics-challenging, chest-bumping behavior manifests.

And admittedly, I hardly hear people use the word "cantankerous" in common speech so if I heard it too I would think it was odd too. But I wouldn't haze a person for it.