XBMC freezing up

nurdkrusher

Im having trouble with my XBMC freezing up. This usually happens when i pause for a few seconds.

Im probably being lazy but it kinda sucks having to get up and restert it manually.

There should be an XBMC section in the forum to discuss fixes and tweeks to XBMC.

Any suggestions for dls would be great as well.

The official XBMC forum kinda has it covered, but the xbox section here is fine for talking about XBMC. What are you pausing? Video? Music? A dvd? I've had the odd freeze when playing DVDs. Usually if the drive decides it doesn't like a DVD it will play it for a while and then get stuck. Mostly when that happens it'll just stop the video and go back to the main menu, but sometime's it'll freeze and have to be reset. I have an Xcecuter chip with it's BIOS set so I have a soft reset available at all times by holding the triggers and back and black. So unless the console gets real fucked I don't have to get up to hard reset. If you're playing a HD video file, and it's not encoded right your xbox won't like it, so that could be it.

I don't use scripts much coz my Xbox isn't connected to the internet, but I have tried some of them out in the past, and a lot either plane don't work or have issues. I'd blame the script unless it happens at other times too.

I use scripts all the time, Ice_Man is correct, its probably the script.

I have been having issues with the latest t3ch "stable build" it seems to freeze at random points in xbmc, usually in the menus or the filemanager.

I upgraded to the lates t3ch build and the issue went away! Probably some error while compiling the source but just a guess

Yeah there is always the possibility that the build you have is just broken. I don't bother upgrading anymore coz something always seems to get broken when a new build comes out. Then when that gets fixed something else gets broke.

Always seems to be one step forward, two steps back on the xbox builds. Last time I tried an up to date build, amongst other things, the trainers wouldn't work. Or not so much wouldn't work, but just couldn't be selected coz the menu wouldn't display, on any skin. It seems to me that the xbox builds are an afterthought these days, and the concentration is on the PC versions.

I think your right, Xbox builds are now the bottom of the attention tree.

@ jantony.

The spinning wheel usually hangs around when you start up when no internet connection is available on xbox.

XBMC on xbox boots quicker with a live net connection.