Xbox 1.4ghz & 128 RAM - Emulation Inquiry

PhilExile

Hello,

I wanted to check to see if any owners of upgraded Xbox systems (1.4 ghz/128 RAM combo) have tried out various emulators to see if they perform better. Two systems I've noticed that would benefit from more power are X68000 and N64.

Anyway, let us know your findings.

Thank you

Edited by PhilExile

Thank you for the reply!

Thats interesting. What games CPS3 game specifically?

Also, could you try out Majora's Mask by playing through the beginning (5-10mins) until you reach the town. I've noticed that, even with the new INI file, the sound gets very choppy.

Do you have a copy of X68000X?

Anyone else?

i have 128 mb xbox but i do not have the upgraded cpu. but with just the upgraded ram final burn ledgends emu runs cps3 games and coinops runs alot better. n64 emu does do better but i use my modded wii for those games.

lots and lots works on CoinOPS :) sengalis strikers...cyber sled....all midway with sound at full speed...all cps2 at full speed.... and tonnes more...also tekken blah blah blah...

alot of this also works on other mames I dont take the credit mostly its the mame team to thank for this and the orig writers of mame for xbox :) but it does improve things alot and makes it nearly as good as a pc speedwise from what ive heard

Great, thanks for letting me know DOA. I didn't realize that the MAMEox 128 code had been implemented into CoinOps. Thats really awesome! :)

lots and lots works on CoinOPS :) sengalis strikers...cyber sled....all midway with sound at full speed...all cps2 at full speed.... and tonnes more...also tekken blah blah blah...

alot of this also works on other mames I dont take the credit mostly its the mame team to thank for this and the orig writers of mame for xbox :( but it does improve things alot and makes it nearly as good as a pc speedwise from what ive heard

I have a 1ghz 128mb, and a 1.4ghz 128mb xbox. The main benefits are in n64, ps1 and arcade emulators. you can play stuff like daraku tenshi, super smash bros, tekken 3, crystal kings etc with good framerate and sound. Its also good for playing anything that worked before in 720p with filters.

Many Xbox games will run too fast unless you patch every XBE with my 1.4ghz patcher to get the correct speed: http://www.mediafire.com/?vmnnzwxndnj