Unbinding Keys.....Without a Replacement?

I can't seem to find a way to unbind the control selections I have made without choosing a key to take it's place.

I am using a usb gamepad that only has a single digital pad. I would like to be able to set it to be the analog stick for some games, and the d-pad for other. I seem to now be stuck with the usb controller's d-pad being mapped as both the analog and digital stick at the same time. That works fine for some games that use the d-pad as a mirror for the analog stick, but for games that use the analog stick and d-pad for independent actions the current setup is unworkable.

Any advice?

I don't have a controller myself but on the keyboard definitions there appears to be no way to clear a key binding. All I could suggest would be if you can actually do it, map the dpad to the arrow keys. But I'm guessing that when you're using a controller, you can only map controller inputs, not keys. If that's the case, there may be a way around it though. If you open nullDC.cfg with notepad, you can manually set the controls. Under ndc_hookjoy, use these numbers to set the arrow keys as the dpad:

PortA_CONT_DPAD_UP=38

PortA_CONT_DPAD_DOWN=40

PortA_CONT_DPAD_LEFT=37

PortA_CONT_DPAD_RIGHT=39

If that doesn't work, you're gonna need a different pad.

IIRC, nullDC doesn't even properly support joypads in its latest version.

I am using the 1.6 beta version. I downloaded the 1.0.3 final release and tested it with the games I wasn't able to run in 1.6 beta. They all failed to run in 1.0.3 as well. Since every game that does work with the beta works in a satisfactory manner I see no reason to use the final release. All that stuff with xmapper seems to be a tedious deal I would like to avoid.