Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma - I suck at it.

emsley

This game is hyper although I have to admit I'm more of a devil may cry fan compared to this.

I dont know what I'm doing - I fight a boss and cant understand how he is attacking me it seems completely random, does changing weapons actually make a difference in boss fights?

Im at the end of chapter two fighting this nut job with an electric sword I block, i die, I try to jump over him or sneak him I die, in the space of 3 seconds he can wipe half my energy off me...

What am I doing wrong other than sucking?

Myabe I should of started with ninja sigma one???

I've beaten Sigma 2 on Acolyte, and currently undertaking Chapter 8 on Warrior. Having said that, Sigma 2 is easier than Sigma, although the game still offers a badass challenge. Now, the first Sigma is the kind of game that'll make you its bitch if you're not careful.

Your problem is that you're sucking, and you're using the wrong tactics. The thing you have to remember when fighting Genshin (or basically any boss for that matter) is to always dash around and block like crazy. You're bound to get your guard broken by one of Genshin's combos, so as soon as that happens, use Reverse Wind and dash, since guard breaks often occur in the middle of a combo. Reverse Wind has a caveat though: It doesn't grant you immunity while doing it, so if you dodge and the boss/enemy hits you during the dodge, you'll take damage.

It's also critical to try and stay as close to him as possible, since he let's his guard down only momentarily after an attack. Jumping or sneaking around is useless, although it's possible to Izuna Drop him, which takes a huge chuck of life out of him. Of course, if you can master the strict timing of counter attacks, you can also use those while blocking.

As far as weapons go, some weapons are better suited for certain kind of enemies, but I don't know if there 's a tangible difference in boss fights. Use the weapon you feel most comfortable with. The problem with bosses is that they seldom go into a hit stun, so using weapons that have long multi-hit combos can put you in a difficult position, since you can't cancel combos into a block. If the boss doesn't go into a hit stun during your combo, then she/he is free that smack you out of the combo, too.

Ok ill work on my reverse wind and dash - the trouble is as I have learned new moves i havnt been forced to use them so i have just been plodding through and now im at a point where i needed to "remember" them.

I always have trouble with games when there are many moves to remember.

Thanks agz/

It's Ninja Gaiden, it's meant to be hard. The whole point of the game is to make you feel inadequate.

Personally, when it comes to Ninja Gaiden, the only worthy weapon is the Dragon Sword. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Mentor, is Ninja Gaiden 2 on Warrior. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's difficulty is a step down from the original. Ninja Gaiden 2 is NOT, a button masher, Ninja Gaiden 2 is not a game where forcefulness is a virtue.

You need to master the block/evade mechanism, and have patience, there's not anything more helpful than learning an enemy's attacks. Follow what Agozer said for the most part, because, my game systems are not with me in this state.

Personally, when it comes to Ninja Gaiden, the only worthy weapon is the Dragon Sword.

Mostly true, but I've had a lot of fun, not to mention effective attacks with Lunar as well as the Vigorian Flail. the Nunchucks on the other hand, are kind of meh.

On a different note, some of the Missions in Sigma 2 are on a whole new level of difficult (take on two or three major bosses AT THE SAME TIME).

The Momiji bosses on Mentor were utterly ridiculous. I sometimes wonder if the game developers really think that someone could defeat such enemies with ease.

From what I've read on GamFAQs, the latest patch to NGS2 supposedly tweaked some of these impossible Missions to make them less slightly more manageable, but alas, I have no concrete info on that. Said patch also fixed some of the bugs that would let players exploit some glitches in the system, namely making it easier to rack some serious damage on these bosses in a short window of time.

Go figure, the Missions are still hard as nails, patch or no patch.

To add on this discussion, you should also figure out what attacks leave the boss open and what attacks you have can quickly damage him without taking much damage. You have to be pretty patient with the bosses. (at least thats the case in sigma 1. Never played sigma 2)

As far as memorizing moves in Ninja gaiden, it's not really necessary. Find out what which weapons suit your style and just find some good combos for them. I beat sigma 1 pretty much just jumping everywhere and doing that running jump then triangle move. In terms of combos, the standard square square square and an occasional triangle is usually good enough.

Is magic still a bailout in sigma 2? In sigma one, you can cast magic before you get hit and it's an invincibility frame.

Is magic still a bailout in sigma 2? In sigma one, you can cast magic before you get hit and it's an invincibility frame.

You bet. Ninpo is also more useful in certain boss fights, although the damage output isn't very staggering. Bery good at crown control in Sigma 2, and regular enemies usually just start circling around you doing nothing while you cast.

Plus, the game always pauses when you whip out the weapons/items/ninpo quick menu.