Best NES and SNES emulators?

Folks might've noticed by my first couple posts that I'm not exactly "up to date" with my emulation. Well, having finally gotten on the MAME and Kega Fusion boat, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to use for NES and SNES?

If only for laughs, I guess I may as well say what I've been using thus far (I guess I'd be comfier with ones similar to these, but hey, I'm willing to learn)...

FCE Ultra 0.98.12

ZSNES v1.42

...Yes, I realise they're like five years old. :3

To be honest, I'd been noticing problems with my ZSNES from the beginning, from roms freezing to some just not working no matter where I downloaded them from (Actraiser 2 haunts me to this day).

NEStopia is the best NES emulator, bar none.

For SNES, either Snes9x, bsnes or ZSNES 1.51/1.42. bsnes doesn't support omst of the special SNES chips though, but it emulates "basic" SNES games far more accurately than ZSNES. This is reflected on the system requirements, though.

As a personal plug of sorts, you can find a couple of custom font packs for ZSNES on my site. ZSNES 1.51 only, mind you.

...Can ZSNES 1.51 run Actraiser 2? :3

Please do not speak that name in my presence. There should be an interim release of some sort for ZSNES in the near future, because it's been so long since 1.51 was released.

For nes I like Jnes no frills but plays all perfectly and is easy to set up controllers. For snes Zsnes is good Snes9x too

Emulator zone is good cause it rates the emus dont know if its by site or by fan.

www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/

I like Zsnes. Never had a single problem with it.

I like Zsnes. Never had a single problem with it.

Depends on what you play with it and what version you use. 1.51 has a broken SA-1 emulation making all SA-1 chip games either not work or glitch in unexpected ways. SA-1 wasn't as broken in 1.42. The sound emulation in 1.51 is also terribly inaccurate, but has since been "fixed" by introducing a completely rewritten sound core.