How to use cheats in MameUI32 v0.136?

Dr Neo

I'm having some issues with getting the cheats to work in MAMEUI32 0.136. I place a file called cheats.zip in the same folder as the mame executable , and then in default game options I switch on "cheats". Despite this, when starting the game and hitting TAB key I can't see any 'cheat' option available. What is the problem? Step by step please. I want my cheats back! :D

Do not keep the cheat file inside a compressed archive; extract the file to the MAME base directory. Only ROM and BIOS sets are supposed to be kept inside archives, nothing else. It's been like this as long as I can remember, so this kind of behavior is hardly new.

Actually as long as the zip is called cheat.zip & is full of xml files it should be kept zipped, perhaps its inside the cheats.zip, anyway the cheat.zip should be kept as it is in the Mame dir, there's tons of xml files with the cheats inside it & Mame reads them from .zip. If the cheats.zip has all the xml files in just rename it to take the s off the end & it should be fine.