What size HDDs do you guys/gals have?

Emu Newbie

I believe I'm gonna go w/ the 320gb hdd, does anyone have a recommended tutorial on how to put the HDD into my xbox? Thanks!

also: does anyone have any ideas when resurrectionX will release his large packs of roms/emulators/pics/previews in torrent form?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever opened your Xbox before? If so you just unplug the old one and plug the new one in. If not then I'm guessing you're using a soft mod, and so you'll need to do this:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/crack_open_that_xbox.htm

for me, it only gave 120gb on the f drive...not sure if there is a way to set up xboxhdm to increase cluster size and use the full f drive, but all you have to do is use xbpartitioner. you can run it off AID if you have a disk of it, or any disk really, or just ftp to your e drive and run. when its running, scroll down to your f drive (it is not labeled as f, but it will be the largest one) and just hit a. you can keep doing this until you see your desired option for allocating drive space. you can put 120gb on f and the rest on g, equally split f and g, or increase cluster size and put all on f (the one i chose). after this hit start? (not sure if thats it exactly, it should say on screen what to hit) and it will format and partition the drive the way you choose. it works pretty fast, and you'll have your harddrive up and running in no time.

let me know if any of that was unclear, i am very tired =P

I have some AID discs (that's part of what I used to soft mod my xbox currently). So everything you're saying makes sense. I'll let you guys know when I get it all together.

So anyone have an idea how much longer the resurrection Xtra stuff is gonna be finished?

I don't really follow it's progress but I think it may be a bit of a wait before every last system is completed with a full set of Xtras. Best bet for a progress report is to PM Rx himself or Cba.gy maybe, or just check out the Xtra's thread over at Xbox-scene.

ive been doing a lot of research on large hdd lately. i have a new xbox to mod for a room without internet access (and i dont want to buy a wireless adapter for $50 for it really). the largest you can get in one is 2 tb. it involves a sata to ide adapter (i dont think there are any 2 tb ide drives out), xbox-partitioner 1.0 AND 1.1. an f and g partition formatted with 64b clusters. many ppl have been doing it with success. biggest risk is in the adapter. some work some dont. but it should be stable once you get it all dialed in. ill let you all know once i try. i hope i dont waste $150 i dont really have lol.