What size HDDs do you guys/gals have?

Emu Newbie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a 2TB Western Digital that costed me about $300 a few months ago.

How do you manage that? XBPartitioner with 64k clusters? Without doing that, you can't possibly use the whole drive...even then you risk corruption.

I have a 40GB drive in mine, I'm thinking of taking it out and putting a stock drive in it again...I have no use for 40GB with all my stuff being streamed.

That's a crazy big drive for an Xbox. A 1TB drive would need 128k clusters to avoid corruption, so a 2TB may need 256k, not sure. XBPartitioner 1.1 works it out automatically when it does a format. I have a 250GB Western Digital drive in mine, and it's completely full. I may put a 500 in at some point if I can be bothered, but no bigger than that.

i have a 500 gb one. works great. also put one of those in my sisters xbox. then i have a 1 tb nas i stream from for all my tv shows currently. may put all my video on there to make more room for games, roms, and more xtras. but i still got 80 gigs free with tons of movies, emus, homebrews, and about 15 xbox games.

500GB Western Digital in one, 320 GB WD in another and a couple stock ones to stream media around to different rooms. Western Digitals get high ranks for compatibility in the locking/unlocking department. I considered doing a 700+ GB drive at one point but its kinda not necessary if you stream videos from another shared drive in XBMC. That way you don't have to worry about renaming video files for the fatx format.

I had a 500 GB refurbished seagate drive die on me and that was NOT fun. Learned a lesson there. I'd be interested to know what the full ResXtras are going to cost in GBs so I can plan on what the next harddrive I'll be getting will be.

Hi, good topic :thumbsup1:

For my part i want upgrade my 250Go too ...

But the real question before upgrade is ... how many place we must have for use all the emulators ith all roms and all EXtras ?????

Because for films i use too a NAS with 4.2To lol

On IDE we can find easyly 500Go HD!

Some 750Go HD exist ... but nobody sold them :lol:

All is SATA now ... and if we want use them on xbox, we must use a chip and an adaptator for that ...

Do you think a 500Go HD is good for all the emulators and the ResX project ?

Thanks

I'm using a 2TB Western Digital that costed me about $300 a few months ago.

How do you manage that? XBPartitioner with 64k clusters? Without doing that, you can't possibly use the whole drive...even then you risk corruption.

I have a 40GB drive in mine, I'm thinking of taking it out and putting a stock drive in it again...I have no use for 40GB with all my stuff being streamed.

Oops, I didn't care to notice that this thread was posted in the XBOX section. In that case, I have two XBOXes.

One has, a 120GB, and the other, has a 80GB Maxtor. I was initially thinking the thread was about HDDs in general.