Mame64 on windows 7 64 bit

I've been trying to figure out how to change the controls on MAME64. It doesnt let me. I have already tried pressing "tab" after loading "time killers" (awesome game) :P but it only shows the controlls but doesnt change anything. I'm asking because during gameplay my laptop goes apes**t and switches the screen orientation due to pressing "ctrl+alt+arrow keys".

any ideas? also is it possible to use a USB joypad with mame? im new to mame but plenty experienced with other emulators.

any help is greatly appreciated.

hahahaha! nevermind. 8 seconds after i posted this i figured it out. got use the mouse to double click on the value you want to change. odd for an emulator, never seen one utilize the mouse before.

Edited by The_Jiggler

• 4 weeks later...

I have a copy of mame that works.....ok i guess. its a bit choppy but not so bad I can't play. but for some reason in the middle of a game the audio will cut right out and it will just be loud static, and it will last for like 5 min. I actualy think i get static more then arcade sounds. and its dosent do it at the same spots all the time? can someone please help?

• 7 months later...

Yep, you can definitely use a usb controller pad with MAME (as long as it works on your os)

oldjohnboy13 -

If you are using a front end mame and it seems to be causing the issue with any given game then I would recommend finding a different UI.

If it's a game specific issue or if it's just an issue with games that have samples then it might be that your roms or samples are causing the issue.