Upgrading to IP.Board 3.0?

I would recommend switching to MyBB because it open source, more focus on forums rather then that community portal or CMS (that IPB are focused on) bullshit therefore running less queries.

Suggestion, Wordpress for the CMS part and MyBB for the forum part.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that's looking for low budget, mybb is considerably the more effective choice. Over the years IPB has done incredibly well to try and surpass Vbulletin. However Vbulletin still has a few features that are not in IPB, one being to permantly ban an proxy ip's, which i think also bans the original IP address, also. I could be wrong, but if anyone can explain it to me better, than please don't hold back.

For anyone that's looking for low budget, mybb is considerably the more effective choice. Over the years IPB has done incredibly well to try and surpass Vbulletin. However Vbulletin still has a few features that are not in IPB, one being to permantly ban an proxy ip's, which i think also bans the original IP address, also. I could be wrong, but if anyone can explain it to me better, than please don't hold back.

I don't think the budget matters any more, considering the features that you can get from open source MyBB, IPB and Vbulletin only has a few features more and often have an impact on performance therefore I don't think worth the hefty price they have set, it's just considered a rip off nowadays.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...