Surreal64xxx CE B6.0 svn-03-Jan-2010

letmealone

correct, it does contain the new surreal.ini file. but it is also a new version from code posted on sourceforge. i have not tested yet and do not know how stable this is. b5.1 ce was released earlier, and b5.2 and b6 are listed on the sourceforge page as in progress. they have not been updated in over half of a year, which sadly leads me to think they have once again been abandoned.

this is a b6 release. in essence, yes it is the "latest" surreal64, but i dont know if it will even work.

i found a copy. cant remember where. came up by accident in a google search. i loaded it all up and found there there was no defualt.xbe with it lol. its did have the updated surreal.ini. maybet here was other changes to other files as well but not sure.

having said that perhaps its hindsight but i feel that my sureal64 is running better. ive only been playing zelda oot though.

i found a copy. cant remember where. came up by accident in a google search. i loaded it all up and found there there was no defualt.xbe with it lol. its did have the updated surreal.ini. maybet here was other changes to other files as well but not sure.

having said that perhaps its hindsight but i feel that my sureal64 is running better. ive only been playing zelda oot though.

you have to rename the loader.xbe to defualt.xbe to make it work. It's basicly the same but has the rendering info showing on the top left corner of the screen. and also a slight naming info update to the gui (not really noticable)

my opinion not really worth the download if you have the sureal64 5.1 and monkey64(i think that's his name) updated surreal.ini :)

• 4 weeks later...

Somebody needs to make a new compatiblity list too. The only one ive found was on another site. It was from 06 i beleave and it only had 50% of the games tested and not all 3 emus either. Ive thought about making one but its gotta be time consuming as hell.

Maybe with some help i could.

Edited by nurdkrusher

Somebody needs to make a new compatiblity list too. The only one ive found was on another site. It was from 06 i beleave and it only had 50% of the games tested and not all 3 emus either. Ive thought about making one but its gotta be time consuming as hell.

this new version does not add anything that is not in surreallxxx b5.1 ce,stick with that version.there is a new ini fiel for this emulator which some members at xbox scene have been testing games to find the best compatibility.

here is the ini file just replace it with the ini file in 5.1ce or whatever and run the emulator.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtynmv1qtgo

you might need to delete your gamesave in t and u data foldrs and then start the emulator.this has all the best settings.

edit/i should mention that v6.0 could possibly have some changes in the gui,buti am not sure.

Its been a while since I touched this emulator myself. Has the speed been improved much? I remember playing Majora's Mask and once you got to the town, the slowdown and choppy audio were pretty awful.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, has anyone here tried those upgraded 1.4 ghz. 128 ram xbox systems that Toasty over on X-S is making? I'm curious if the emulators are improved at all. I know that you have to run any XBE that you want play through a patcher first. It'd be great if N64 and X68000 speeds were improved by it.

this new version does not add anything that is not in surreallxxx b5.1 ce,stick with that version.there is a new ini fiel for this emulator which some members at xbox scene have been testing games to find the best compatibility.

here is the ini file just replace it with the ini file in 5.1ce or whatever and run the emulator.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtynmv1qtgo

you might need to delete your gamesave in t and u data foldrs and then start the emulator.this has all the best settings.

edit/i should mention that v6.0 could possibly have some changes in the gui,buti am not sure.

Its been a while since I touched this emulator myself. Has the speed been improved much? I remember playing Majora's Mask and once you got to the town, the slowdown and choppy audio were pretty awful.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, has anyone here tried those upgraded 1.4 ghz. 128 ram xbox systems that Toasty over on X-S is making? I'm curious if the emulators are improved at all. I know that you have to run any XBE that you want play through a patcher first. It'd be great if N64 and X68000 speeds were improved by it.

i can tell you that there are some improvements with 5.1ce and if you use the ini file you will have all the best settings

as far as i remember you do get some improvements with n64 emulation but you have to remember surreall is optimised for a stock xbox with a 733mhz processer and 64mb of ram as for other emulators i dont really think it would make much difference and that includes mame.

as for you mentioning the x68000 emulator that already runs full speed,what to do is in the options screen when you select a game set the speed to 16mhz,this overclocks the x68000 cpu and you will see a difference if you think some games are slow.

If you are going to go with a SF build go with B5.2. The core is for the most part untouched but there are a few bug fixes here and there and a lot of code clean up. B6 was intended to be the merge of Ez0n3's new 1964 port and a new GUI (the Surreal 1.0 GUI.) Currently, the only difference between B5.2 and B6.0 is that B6.0 has freakdave's work in progress of the new launcher. You will only get to use it if you compile B6 on your own and change a few things but it is still "currently not working."

Freakdave has said he doe not intend to abandon this project even though his real life takes precedence. So for the new GUI, be patient.

As for Ez0n3 and the new source, I don't think anyone has heard from him since August of 09 where he said he can get it to boot a rom but he hasn't gotten it do do much else.

I personally feel if the 1964 1.1 source gets ported we will see immense improvement all around. To my knowledge Rice plugins were made for 1964 0.99 and later and the current 1964 source in surreal is the old 0.8.5. But the 1.1 source wants to use VS2008 (vc9) so anyone who wants to consider an xbox port has to make it work in VS2003 first. From there I don't imagine it will be too hard to port to the xbox since the ground work has already been done porting the old source. Just some time...

Also: I remember reading a post about new Rice plugins being developed. The link was somewhere in the Surreal64 5.1CE thread over at Xbox-Scene.

Edited by weinerschnitzel