Which romsets you prefer to use?

Which romsets you prefer to use?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use any that work, i don't give a ****.

I reneme them to suit the manufacturers release names anyway.

I also rename the artwork and videos to suit.

Works perfectly.

Most of the discussion back and forth in this thread comes down

to end users laziness anyway.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works perfectly.

Read my last reply cbagy. You're going to need to rename a ton of other stuff too if you plan on everything working right.

Like I've said before, when the synopsis function is fully working, the romname will just be a placeholder anyhow and you'll probably end up cursing yourself for all that time you put into renaming everything.

Or not..... When it's ready you can just download the entire thing and FTP it over when you've changed your mind.

lol. Ive been through this many times with you. So i'll be brief.

Heres how it is my end. I have 2 emulators, FBL and NeoGenesis.

I have no interest whatsoever in any other systems.

Therefore i can easily name or rename anything quite easily and have done.

They already work perfectly with artwork and video's.

CUT files, video comercials, video reviews etc etc are just clutter to me.

CUT files bypass everthing that your so passionate about anyway ????

The way things are heading it can only get worse.

At this rate there will be 30gb of media and 500mb - 1gb of roms ?????

Isn't it about playing games ? If i want to watch a load of crap about games i could

point my browser to youtube !

You wrote earlier in the thread

" I just don't even see the point of having the games if you have no visual representation for them."

WHAT ! Isn't it about the games anymore ?

It's all about choice, luckily i have some basic knowledge so im not tied to your

naming convention or your directory structures. Unfortunately others don't.

Now the way i see it your kinda holding less knowledgable users to ransom by stating

that the won't be able to use the xtras unless they conform to your layout.

Both you and i know that's not true at all.

I was under the impression that the Xport emulators by Madmab were very flexible.

The way things are turning out that seems to be not the case anymore and it's

getting worse feature by feature. Anyway thats my 10 bob's worth (2 cents) worth for the day.

Madmab's emus work fine for the remedial kids too. If they don't want to put the effort into it, or want just the barebones setup, they won't even notice the new code. This stuff is put in for people who want a total multimedia experience with their emus instead of one song on loop in the skin with nothing but a title shot and maybe a video playing.

If you don't care about features, by all means you can go to the trouble of renaming everything if you really have a stick up your ass about my naming conventions. You'll find that it's pointless when we'll be able to display the names in the synopsis though.

Also if you're not using my hand tested roms, you have no idea if they're actually going to work when you fire them up. I wish you luck with that.

EDIT: There's nobody holding anyone hostage with the romnames. I'm no genius, and I don't pretend to be one and I COULD do it if I wanted to. Anybody COULD do it themselves if they wanted to as well. Why do all that work though when the emulator is going to display the full, correct romnames based off of the synopsis file? Names that many times are not possible on the rom file name because of XFAT limitations.

I really don't know how many times I have to tell you that the rom name is JUST A PLACE HOLDER. What's so hard to understand about that? You've seen it for years with MAME. Try to wrap your head around the idea that the MAME concept can work with other emulators as well.

Edited by ressurectionx

Works perfectly.

laziness rules, ok ? :yawntired::D

Really, if the poll was about emulation on computers I would have voted for no-intro sets for instance or even TOSEC. But xbox filename limitations and my SD screen definition make Rx Xtras the best solution on this platform. It's not just about screenshots (which I care), videos (which I care a bit less) and commercials (which I don't care).

Edited by waal

Also if you're not using my hand tested roms, you have no idea if they're actually going to work when you fire them up. I wish you luck with that.

I too am capable of hand testing roms, yes every one. They all work perfectly.

No luck, just hard work !

Can't believe this thread spawned an argument.

Kinda looks that way. It made happy Larry there giggle.