Nulldc write to boot rom is not possible

Now that I finally converted zombie revenge into a .cdi file when I put the game in after I put in the boot disc it acts like it wants to start, shows a picture of the disc with a zombie revenge picture but the game never starts.

The console repeats this message over and over: Error in .\dc

mem\sh4\_area0.ccp:WriteMem_area0:169 write to [mpx system boot/rom] is not possible, addr=0, data=0, size=1

Was hoping some one could point me in the right direction thanks

Edited by Alpinevalley04'

So I decided to try Urban chaos out. Once the sega screen comes on it freezes a few seconds later with a console error message of:

Write to system control Registry not implemented address+ 5f74e4 data 1fffff

or

can not implement opcode: 38: 1dt1lb

I am very confused as to why Power Stone works properly but none of the other games do.

Is there something in nulldc I have to switch???

I have been trying to figure out what the causes could be for over a week now and I am at my wits end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The .cdi power stone was DLed as a complete .cdi no winrar needed to reassemble. The other games I have had to use winrar to reassemble but the process works giving me a .cdi file. I really dont think winrar would reassemble something with errors without telling you, However at this point that seems to be the only thing that is different between the games.

Is it possible winrar is not working properly??

For the record, the 1.6 Beta is way outdated and has since been superseeded by 1.0.3 (non-beta) with 1.04 being in the works as of this writing. So you really want to upgrade.

It's not really WinRAR's fault either. WinRAR has done its job properly for years and would show you a host of error messages if there were anything wrong with the archives. Of course, WinRAR doesn't see any errors that might have existed in the original file before it was compressed and split.

Thanks for the tip I have upgraded but unfortunately get the same error message.

I just DLed a few more different copies of Zombie Revenge one has .ccd image files the other .bin and .cue. Can you tell me how to create an image file that nullDC can read from these files or point me to a thread that lays it out for me. I have been looking around and everything I can find tells how to burn to cd but not how to create a valid format on your HDD that nulldc can read.

Thank you for your patience

Most likely you just don't know how to use it, because Boot2Bin/Bin2Boot are commandline programs, and as such will not work simply by starting it and expecting it to do stuff without arguments from the user. I really wouldn't advise you to go down that road, as those programs require quite a bit of knowledge about their proper use.

In any case, if you find that you have a non-selfboot disc image, I say ditch it and look somewhere else for a better, selfboot one. If nullDC and Demul both fail to boot the game (even if it is selfboot), then the disc image is either poorly dumped or not supported to begin with. Also, I wouldn't go down the "start converting disc images to another format" path either, unless it's absolutely necessary. Way too much hassle and often offers unreliable results, to boot.