PS3 Controller for the Original Xbox

TJZaman

Hi, when I was modding the Xbox to have it run the linux dashboard I initially bought a USB to Xbox converter. But while this cable was being shipped my mind changed and instead I decided to use the Xbox memory stick mod method instead. So this I thought would leave the new cable I bought useless. But I've read that this cable can be used to connect USB keyboard/mouse. My main question is though. Are there any drivers or ways to connect the PS3 USB controller to the cable and then use it on the Orignal Xbox?

Thanks,

TJ

Hi, when I was modding the Xbox to have it run the linux dashboard I initially bought a USB to Xbox converter. But while this cable was being shipped my mind changed and instead I decided to use the Xbox memory stick mod method instead. So this I thought would leave the new cable I bought useless. But I've read that this cable can be used to connect USB keyboard/mouse. My main question is though. Are there any drivers or ways to connect the PS3 USB controller to the cable and then use it on the Orignal Xbox?

Thanks,

TJ

That might work... just give it a try. If it doesn't you can always just get a PS2 to Xbox converter and a PS2 controller, thats what I did.

Thanks,

TJ

That might work... just give it a try. If it doesn't you can always just get a PS2 to Xbox converter and a PS2 controller, thats what I did.

Hi, I plugged in the PS3 controller to the Xbox and it doesn't work. I might try the PS2 thing. But, based on people's experience does the USB converter work with other things on the Xbox? I haven't tried it with the keyboard/mouse either. Do I need to add drivers or should anything that is compatible work plug n play?

Well... It depends what you are using it on. Some emulators support keyboard and mouse, some don't. XBMC supports a lot of USB devices... Mouse, Keyboard, USB Thumb Drives, exc.

As far as Xbox games... I don't know that any support keyboard or mouse.

The PS2 controller thing is probably your best bet if you want a PS controller on the Xbox.