Must Play Sega CD Games

Hey. I am new to Sega CD and don't really know whats good so I thought I would post this topic asking people to list their top 10 favorite Sega CD games. Games that you think everyone playing a Sega CD system/emulator should play.

The Sega CD doesn't have any good games. Seriously.

Ok ok, you might want to try:

Night Trap (just for the strangeness factor)

Robo Aleste

Snatcher

Sonic CD

Terminator

No, not even Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter have the same kind of 'wow' factor that they did back in the day.

Robo Aleste

Snatcher

Sonic CD

Terminator

No, not even Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter have the same kind of 'wow' factor that they did back in the day.

If that's true I really wasted time dl all these sega CD games haha

I will check out the ones you listed!

Robo Aleste

Snatcher

Sonic CD

Terminator

If you're going to get Sonic CD, be sure to download the Japanese and Europe/USA ones, and swap the audio tracks. The Japanese one has vastly superior music. :(

Robo Aleste

Snatcher

Sonic CD

Terminator

If you're going to get Sonic CD, be sure to download the Japanese and Europe/USA ones, and swap the audio tracks. The Japanese one has vastly superior music. :(

Really? Thats weird! Thanks for the tip!

The entire "console" was a poorly conceived add-on, that was Sega's ticket to mainly riding on the god-awful FMV wave of the mid-90's and pushing the CD-ROM format. The 32x wasn't much better even with the backing of Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter (because at the time that was the closest you could get to the arcade versions at home), although the plus side was that 32x cut back on the FMV shovelware.

The entire "console" was a poorly conceived add-on, that was Sega's ticket to mainly riding on the god-awful FMV wave of the mid-90's and pushing the CD-ROM format. The 32x wasn't much better even with the backing of Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter (because at the time that was the closest you could get to the arcade versions at home), although the plus side was that 32x cut back on the FMV shovelware.

So you dont think there are ANY stand out Sega CD games? Even with the Wii, which is obviously just shoveling out cliche after cliche, they hit once and a while...

If you're looking for an interesting diversion, Wild Woody (it's about a pencil, you pervert) is kind interesting. It's basically just a D-grade platformer with some humorous video cut scenes. It was one of the last games to be released for the Sega CD and it's actually pretty rare.