My Blue Fire Arcade skin for Final Burn Legends

NEIL222

This is a variant of my Fire & Steel skin for Final Burn Legends.

Splashscreen mockup:

bluefiresplash.jpg

Main Menu mockup:

bluefiremainmenu.jpg

Rombrowser mockup:

bluefireromsscrn.jpg

The pics look a little dark, but its lighter on your TV.

I designed this with a single video/screenshot in mind, using the arcade cab screen.

Looks much better with videos, if you have a set of them, although pics look good too.

I haven't done a Dual screen version, as the space was limited for what I was doing.

Still undecided about a 1280 x 720 version, as its tricky doing this without an HD TV.

If there is enough interest I will consider it.

As before, I have included an Extras folder with a few rombrowser BG options with

different characters on the background.

You have to manually copy the rombrowser file you want over the existing one to swap these around.

Maybe nes could implement some sort of rotating rombrowser BG feature in a future update....

I also put in a rombrowser background without the characters if you prefer to stretch down

your rom list "blade" to allow for more rom listings. Choices are always good...

Blue Fire Arcade 640 x 480 SD version skin:

Download (9mb): http://www.mediafire.com/?zhm2zmzjf5z

Hope you like it.

I'll use this opportunity to re-release my Fire & Steel 640 x 480 skin version too.

I have included all the extra rombrowser BG's I did (12 in all) and did a quick tidy up

with the screenshot box placements.

Single preview optimised version: (all BG characters)

Mockup:

firesteelsinglesetup.jpg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2oouzgznzi

Dual preview optimised version (no BG characters):

Mockup:

firesteeldualsetup.jpg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?hjgn4zknlmd

Fire & Steel 1280 x 720 Version:

Mockup:

cps2guysvertsingleprevi.jpg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?y0nyoimn2nw

Edited by NEIL222

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it when you display video and screenshots together that your box crashes ?

well, I added the folder to my skins folder then renamed it to remove the spaces and the "&" in case this was bad for the xbox (maybe this crashed it)

anyway the skin showed up ok in the gui but when selected the screen goes black for a few seconds then the xbox just crashed and reset. This was for the fire and steel dual pane. No biggie tho really like the arcade cabinet one so thats cool :P

well, I added the folder to my skins folder then renamed it to remove the spaces and the "&" in case this was bad for the xbox (maybe this crashed it)

anyway the skin showed up ok in the gui but when selected the screen goes black for a few seconds then the xbox just crashed and reset. This was for the fire and steel dual pane. No biggie tho really like the arcade cabinet one so thats cool :P

easy fix. Youve renamed the folder right ! Open the folder and rename the ini exactly the same. Open the ini itself with notepad or similar and go down to line 126 (i think) and rename there too. Save and put back on xbox and voila !

PS. the existing name wasn't bad for the xbox. The xbox needs names no more than 42 chars, this includes .ext, so 38 chars or spaces.

Edited by cba.gy

easy fix. Youve renamed the folder right ! Open the folder and rename the ini exactly the same. Open the ini itself with notepad or similar and go down to line 126 (i think) and rename there too. Save and put back on xbox and voila !

PS. the existing name wasn't bad for the xbox. The xbox needs names no more than 42 chars, this includes .ext, so 38 chars or spaces.

D'oh, I had a feeling it was because of that (i.e. my fault lol) well cheers for the info :) Think I will just change the folder name back then...

• 3 weeks later...