Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

pole position 1 and 2 fixed permanantly now.....

discussion will start soon for R6.... alot of half done stuff floating around....alot....

ill be posting some stuff about wants soon but im really out alot with some girls and they take alot of my time...i hope this slows soon as its a bit crazy

Discussion will be to do with

A ) cores....

B ) sorting of due to massive increase in game support across many systems

C ) game info

D ) other wanted features

E ) Mame games added or driver fixes

F ) Neo geo hacks

G ) SNES or Megadrive games added

H ) GUI overhaul

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got CoinOPS Showcase 2 so Im not sure if this has been suggested/fixed in recent stand alone versions of CoinOPS but Missile command controls seem to be wrong. I would think missiles fired from the left should be mapped to the X button, missles fired from the middle should be mapped to A and missles fired from the right should be mapped to B. Just a suggestion.

Are you open to suggestion about GUIs? Photoshop mockups?

YES as asked many times

720p is the highest coinops goes...pretty easy to add 1080i but I wont due to issues it will cause for full support...

ill look at that keymap and add fixes if you have showcase 2 dont release it as it has alot of stuff that people dont like....I take it you have the 3000 game build with diff gui?

ill start some stuff tommorrow about new stuff..... and ask for help defining a new direction.... this may include a new GUI a new Name and new ideas on how to best give people what they want....

it will also include new features people want and lay down a new driveway for development (it will be a while till an offical version of this comes out and maybe we will see r6 and r7 and r8(these will be considered betas towards the new builds just to hand over stuff and get feedback) etc released in quick form working there way to a new name new look version of the emu that will show off the new driveway)

Like I said DOA, I'm not a programmer. All I can do it hexedit! :)

Everything you are saying sound good to me. Primarily, I noticed distortion in games like Bionic Commando on my video monitor because it wasn't scaled exactly right. The fancy Xbox solution fixed my problem. If you can add maybe with preset resoutions that pop up when you select a game, that'd be awesome.

For instance, lets say I launch Bionic Commando it would open a box like:

> 256x224

> 512x448 (480p)

> 768x672 (720p)

I'm sure if that makes sense, but I think you'll get my point. Its getting late and I'm tired. :)

This is what I EVER DREAMED for a MAME emulator.

Just opening a game and having the choice to display it on it original size - centered,

or displaying on its regular mode, stretched and distorted and blurred filling the TV screen.

Is there any chance for this to beeing done one day?

Cheers,

Cospefogo.

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Area = for normal screenshot

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Area = for vertical game screenshot .... its one percent customisable any person with 2 secs of trying would find this in the skin engine...instead you say to everyone it cant be done lol your a newbe it cant be done when it 5 year old level stuff :) what a stupid idot with misinforation again cutomise any aspect ratio you want for hd or sd :) also it has a feature to stretch any vertical game to a horizontal game....

also show me where the favs are handled the same...hot and classic files can be fast selcted....where autofire is handled the same with 2 types...where screenrotation is handled...where core launching is handled.....where mouse support....where hd runs in every arcade game...blah blah blah and I didnt use anyones else sources or even mame sources or ideas I wrote it from scatch....

anyways you guys have no support now from old school people by looks.... educate the new people of your newbe ways :( they will aventually find the truth for themselves anyways

Go to your own thread and see who listens to you lol your a total joke and your threads are proof of it

PS if I had your threads id be ashamed of how much people want to know about my stuff :) and im serious about that ... take a look at your support its pretty much nothing....but all you get for looks is to come hear....

my statement stands.....

It so sad now that misinformation has spread so people think wrong stuff is fact.....shame on people that have let this happen...and promoted it...you guys that supported it should applogise to others who now think easy stuff isnt doable and think misinformation is correct....shame on you guys...I know the truth ill no longer be saying the truth and you guys cause new people to not know the truth.....thats shamefull to me....

Ha, I thought you'd like that Cospefogo. :)

By the way, I sent you an email to your Gmail account that you have listed on Fancy Xbox. Did you get it?

Like I said DOA, I'm not a programmer. All I can do it hexedit! :)

Everything you are saying sound good to me. Primarily, I noticed distortion in games like Bionic Commando on my video monitor because it wasn't scaled exactly right. The fancy Xbox solution fixed my problem. If you can add maybe with preset resoutions that pop up when you select a game, that'd be awesome.

For instance, lets say I launch Bionic Commando it would open a box like:

> 256x224

> 512x448 (480p)

> 768x672 (720p)

I'm sure if that makes sense, but I think you'll get my point. Its getting late and I'm tired. :(

This is what I EVER DREAMED for a MAME emulator.

Just opening a game and having the choice to display it on it original size - centered,

or displaying on its regular mode, stretched and distorted and blurred filling the TV screen.

Is there any chance for this to beeing done one day?

Cheers,

Cospefogo.