Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

Hey XBOX,

I don't think he is taking offense, its just not something he is interested in developing. In the end, DOA is the one who has to put the hours in, not us. Its up to him how he wants to spend it.

The sources are available, so if someone wants to develop it, the tools and materials are out there.

:P

QuoteByBP:dick number 3

so you like to be surrounded by the dicks...hmnnnn :P

Edit: In all seriousness the MELD idea by him was great I dont see why you take offense to this....

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I left the xbox alone for a bit and then I come back to read all of this? Seriously guys, there are only a couple of guys who working on arcade games for the xbox and either you'll like their work/methods or you won't. Seems to me DOA's English has never been very good (no offense, its obviously not your first language) and he likes to put up a fight. Whatever, let him do it.

Sounds like if R5 gets a proper release WITH sourcecode attached and acknowledgments of the previous devs then no-ones got anything to complain about. If it doesn't get on xbins then hey. its their loss. It'll be other places and I'll make sure of it IF I get permission to.

Jesus, its high on that soapbox! With that out of the way I gotta say I'm not too interested in console emulators inserted into CoinOps. I might put in a couple good multiplayer games like MarioKart or Eternal Champions but I think the other emus give a better "SNES" or "Genesis" feel. I like CoinOps and FBL for the arcade games and thats that. By the way, neither one of them are perfect yet for my needs but they do get better on every release. So keep up the good work and I'll keep watching.

PS: run you're a star

(XBOX) Coinops Reignite r5 + Megadrive and Snes roms[new updated emu] heheh one day and hes going for fame....not bad for someone who doesnt care or interested and yes he attached his name lol

Ive assembled a great thread for people :thumbsup1: from other public posts but as yet run088 doesnt want it public , but it should prove once and for all whos lying...its taken from multiple forums :) from a few people listed and its shows clearly what we already know

anyways some new stuff in dev and some new stuff finished :(

Hehe I was being sarcastic (about MELD) but I guess you didnt catch that, I actually still have showcase R2 (actually Reignite R5 but with everything showcase had included only around 800+ games and vids) on my 2 black box's since I think is what mames all about having that arcade feel..anyhow I wont derail your version of MELD as you were.... :thumbsup1:

Edit: Love the pm btw if you want to chat again send me 1 anytime Bp..heh he huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Edited by (XBOX)

(XBOX) Coinops Reignite r5 + Megadrive and Snes roms[new updated emu] heheh one day and hes going for fame....not bad for someone who doesnt care or interested and yes he attached his name lol

Ive assembled a great thread for people :) from other public posts but as yet run088 doesnt want it public , but it should prove once and for all whos lying...its taken from multiple forums :) from a few people listed and its shows clearly what we already know

anyways some new stuff in dev and some new stuff finished :)

NES 1466 roms is done.

GB, GBC, GBA full set supported by RX synopsis will be done by saturday, then run088 can compile a new cat.

Intellivision is complete now including years. No artwork or videos available for this system yet it will be march before the guy that is putting the set together for the xtra's has it complete. That is only a couple weeks away.

Went threw and got the years complete for the nes. Still are missing a few but less than 5%

I have a trial run for snes that DHS made. I think we are going to run into problems using the synopsis file of the xtra's package to pull the years off of them. Upon closer inspection alot of game names in the synopsis file is no where close to the dat file rom names. There is noway really to go threw and manually sift threw accurately. For now I have just been taking DHS years and cross matching it with our list and have just resorted to patch the years in manually.

I will send you the snes as well but I dont think the results will be good if the big change in the naming system affects the snes as it did the nes.

Wish resx could have kept everything uniform and matching. His synopsis files will not work because on Madmab's emulators it gets the synopsis info from the crc. So any feature that keys on crc as opposed to rom name is not going to convert over so easy as everything else has.

Anyone else want to help out adding years? If we had a little more help we could complete this task quick. With DHS helping me we have already cut the amount of time it was going to take to complete this part in half.

I want to throw out an idea and see if someone will run with it.

We need a scraper to be built that will scrape for game description in a couple generic categories. We can bulk rename the generic categories later to make the name more specific. If this could be done it would save weeks if not months of time to complete this project.

hey BP I finally found out how to get pole position and pole position II working properly.

its the Analog Controls need to be set to Reverse for pedal 1 and pedal 2 :D

easy as that :lol:

I have the the controls set as :-

P1 Pedal 2 1>L-Trigger

P1 Pedal 2 1>L-Trigger

P1 Pedal 1 1>R-Trigger

P1 Pedal 1 1>R-Trigger

P1 Dial 1>L-Stick<-

P1 Dial 1>L-Stick->

and Change "P1 Dial Sensitivity" to 15%

works for both games. :D

saves you some fixing :D

Oh and is there anyway to get the english voices in PP1 and PP2 ?

At the moment the flag scrolling past at the start and the voices are in Japanese.

I'd like to hear the "Prepare to Qualify" etc voice.

Also I asked about this before I think, when you have other sets or bootlegs in the rom folder they show up in the games list with the same name as the parent, so you get two entries with the same name

and if i go to Remove the one of them that says "Other" on game type, from coinops start menu it always deletes the Parent roms.