Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

If programs are open sourced then permission is implied when the source is released. If you all want I will copy and paste the meaning and point behind having open source software and what it is all about. I know for a fact I have a college level IT book laying around that describes just this in detail.

I for one dont get why everyone gives DOA a hard time. First people claim he does not give up sources which I know is untrue because I have found and dl'ed different builds in the past I came across in different places. Then I hear complaints about how it is released. Which I have no inside friends with it and have been running the emulator for a couple of years now. It has never been in xbins but it is widely distributed on the torrent sites. I know these things for 100% certainty. People complain that he has come up with a way to combine everything into one gui but xbmc and unleash never gets this slack hell no dashboard gets this slack it is there purpose not to mention coinops does a much better job than either one of them.

Did anyone stop and think for a minute xport might like what DOA has done with his emulators? Why does everyone seem to think they know how he would feel about it.

It is reasonable to believe xport would be all for it because he had the foresight to code his emulators with this ability. He even told me personally on the boards at X-S that he gave his emulators this ability for this purpose. I think he would be impressed if anything about this project. And people should mine there own business. If there name should be included in the emulator and its not there then they have the right to bitch about it but if their name should not be included then what business is it of theirs? Are they the open source police or something? Let me know so I can treat them with the respect they deserve with their official position. I think people get mad because they can not manipulate DOA into doing things the way they want him to make his build. What they should do is sharpen there skills and learn how to code things in there self or learn how to tweak the ini files. Don't know how many post I see about people asking for changes to be made to emulators that are 2 minute changes that anybody can do that has an iq over 69 if they bothered to open up the ini file and see what was inside.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From now on pay them there respects and ignor them..... for people that dont care and dont use it they sure love to help shed the light even though everyone else has been positive...I thank you all...they are the gods I think and tell you otherwise and wont listen so from now on I say we all just ignor them.....

I will be :D

hey DHS? if you want to help run can give you msn you would be welcome to help

I will tell you all this.

I have had a dozen people see the new build of coinops and all want it as a replacement.

The new coinops will make most other emulator packages obsolete on alot of end users systems. Every person that has seen mine wants it to replace everything. Not one person has said they like the other builds better. Not 1.

Who wants to set up 20 when they only have to set up 1

Edited by run088

Can you set an emulator to boot at startup?

Does the xbox not have to boot to a dashboard?

What is an error code 13?

Do you get an error code 13 if you set up an xbox to boot an emulator on startup?

An error code 13 is a dashboard not found error if you didnt know that already. And if you can boot an emulator at startup then it passed microsoft's check for a dashboard on startup so technically it is a dashboard.

And if people wanted to make it play movies and scripts there is no reason why they could not make it do it. Hell they already have video preview support.

Edited by run088

Not straight. But you can set a startup software like X-Select to launch an emu by default. And I never had any error 13.

Just my two cents.

By the way, this controversy is pointless.

Only Amiga makes it possible.:D

Does the xbox not have to boot to a dashboard?

I have no chip softmoded XBOX but I can boot any prog I want.

XBMC is default, boot pushing A pad for Unleash, boot pushing X pad for Coinops, and so on.