Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im out but ill post final list soon of going to be supported stuff ;) run etc this will be your last chance to get something placeholded in for what the final thing will drive

after r5 release people can start giving new suggestions as well...as there will be a few with so many more games being supported

but no suggestions till after you have played with an actual version :) or else I get question and suggestions that are just virtual

remember if you have showcase 2 you see some of these systems I only added about 20-50 games for each now thanks to rx and run all games are supported and on many more systems soon.....

I think it should be released as a beta status until the display list and years get fixed up. display list where the display name is to long and the year "X" digit. I think you mentioned something about the display names.

Edited by run088

I'm just trying to say that instead of going to a different web page for years and any other game info, you could just find somebody who could scrape that data from my synopsis and have it formatted the way you guys need it. It should be easier to pull that info from several documents instead of a billion web pages.

It would need to insert in a file that looked like this

GAMEX( 199X, VB_Blox, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, “Virtualboy”, “Blox”, GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 199X, VB_EtchASketch, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, “Virtualboy”, “Etch A Sketch”, GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 199X, VB_GalacticPinball, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, “Virtualboy”, “Galactic Pinball”, GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

It would have to remove "X" from "199X" and replace with the correct year. Scraping your stuff would be good though because you have tweaked some names there would be no mismatching this way. When I was doing some of snes I couldnt find some names because they were listed as something else for example Aladin or Disney Aladin some not so close. You get what I mean though. The list would match.

Edited by run088

all of them just tested and all work perfectly....

Well my browser shows no links. I bet im not the only one.

Im not trying to help or hinder, trust me.

I don't want those sources, i was only commenting as i will use proper sources

as i want to learn properly, the correct way.

Strange how xbins don't want this emulator and authors don't need the sources

as they already exist as emulators anyway !

It would need to insert in a file that looked like this

GAMEX( 199X, VB_Blox, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, “Virtualboy”, “Blox”, GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 199X, VB_EtchASketch, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, “Virtualboy”, “Etch A Sketch”, GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 199X, VB_GalacticPinball, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, “Virtualboy”, “Galactic Pinball”, GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

It would have to remove "X" from "199X" and replace with the correct year. Scraping your stuff would be good though because you have tweaked some names there would be no mismatching this way. When I was doing some of snes I couldnt find some names because they were listed as something else for example Aladin or Disney Aladin some not so close. You get what I mean though. The list would match.

I'm looking for a way to do that in a clever way. I have not experience at coding but I'll try something in PHP to scrap years from rx synopsys.

I have about a complete list of snes it just needs to be entered you can do it if you want. It might have 10 or 20 years missing but the bulk of the 900 and some games are there. Id say the rest could be easy manually scanned from resx sheet atleast for snes. I still have not come up with an idea to automate the whole process. I think it is as about as automated as it can get. The rest of the variables change rom to rom which makes it hard to automate. It would take some kind of script but I have no idea how it could work. Maybe a two program attack. A scraper to gather the information and a script to write the code or alter it.

It would take something that works like XBMC Media Companion or Mediareader the way those programs scrape and make nfo files.

I have about a complete list of snes it just needs to be entered you can do it if you want. It might have 10 or 20 years missing but the bulk of the 900 and some games are there. Id say the rest could be easy manually scanned from resx sheet atleast for snes. I still have not come up with an idea to automate the whole process. I think it is as about as automated as it can get. The rest of the variables change rom to rom which makes it hard to automate. It would take some kind of script but I have no idea how it could work. Maybe a two program attack. A scraper to gather the information and a script to write the code or alter it.

It would take something that works like XBMC Media Companion or Mediareader the way those programs scrape and make nfo files.

I could inish your SNES list by hand but we still would have NES, Gameboy and others. I'll try to fix a script to get the year for each games that would work for any system.