Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

also +T+ you should look at other sources that call emu dev :) you might find alot of cut and pasted code in there...just a hint I do look and I know alot from looking at that and its not based on what I think but on the actually sources themselves

There isn't thousand of people who have the "emu author" status here, and very few still goes on this forum. So i assume you're speaking of me.

1) I don't have an emulator, a day i came here and saw that someone tagged my account with "emu author" status. I'm just a contributor or a partner.

2) Recently you said a looooot of shit about Xbox scene in general, and also on most of the actors. For example here what you said about me:

trust me it has nothing to do with your code not one character, absolutly nothing was created by you

I'm not the guy who ask iq_132 to do the work for me. 100% of latest interesting drivers addition in CoinOps were done by iq_132, not by you.

I'm not the guy who is impressed to see iq_132 added a Iron Clad driver in 10 minutes. It simply proove your ignorance.

I'm not the guy who tweaked old MAME builds to get run better some games, instead of figure out what causes the slowdowns.

I'm not the guy who try to get run CPS2 in a constant FPS since 3 years, and create thread to get helped with it.

So really at this point, on drivers related stuff, I know what i'm doing much better than you. Sorry for people here, don't take it as unmodesty, i'm just tired to receive venom from mister DOA, who should working on drivers instead of piss in my shoes.

PS: i don't have a 2 millimeters cock.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe i have looked under your hood..... and I think its amusing :)

ive thank iq publically and he knows what he did :) and I do to....I also know of all the extra stuff ive done and that totals well over 50 games ive had to patch in.....

actually I think all drivers in the readme says thanks to Iq for each game he added and is pinned to many threads..... and he told me he doesnt care or want credit personally. Man you really are a bitter bitter person kenshiro.....but yes I dont want any of your code....and I know why I dont I have looked at it though as you will well know but decided it didnt offer me anything personally

also thanks for the obviously lessons in history I forget them all lol man you really are bitter? why do you care and why dont you get any traction with your bitterness in your own bitterness thread?

PS you well know that I am working on FBA drivers for stuff I could never achieve in a mame core as you bitterly told me like I didnt know :D and its progressing as it should

MODERATORS Please remove both threads as they are pointless and should be in other thread, i wasnt refering to you Kenshiro at all.....just cause your not parinoid doesnt mean they are not watching :)

Man you really are a bitter bitter person kenshiro

Not at all. I only have issues with you on Web. As Nes6502 said, you are and has been the Xbox Scene cancer.

And also stop to edit your posts every 5 minutes.

Edited by - kenshiro -

PS rx the xtras have very big potnetial and most of it is based upon your stuff as close as I can in mame zone

I know they do bud. :)

A few people have downloaded the SNES prerelease and love the touched up boxart, but I don't know if anybody has actually even used the converter programs and found all the roms (etc. etc. etc.) that need to be there for everything to work smoothly, so I haven't gotten much feedback until I found out you were using them here.

run088 probably knows my system better than most now, since he's had to go in and alter everything by hand.

My names were really just made for personal use, most of them over 3 or 4 years ago now. They weren't made with the intent to be mass released at the time. If I had the foresight back then, I would have done quite a few things differently, but given that I don't want to invest the next 20 years free time working on this, I have to just go with what I have, which is sufficient and gets the job done brilliantly. Trust me.... As an OCD'er it's hard letting it go when I don't think this is set up perfect. It's just that a few events happening recently in my real life is making me wake up and realize that I really need to start placing my OCD talents to a lucrative use and be able to help out my real life friends and family with them by doing more than giving them an XBox that plays everything. :)

It's a bummer that you can't make the emu work with my names since they would be perfect without any testing required, but shit happens. Just do me a solid and put a shout out in your releases to the Xtras team.

Otherwise... you're starting something that I wanted to see done since I got here... a single emulator that will play everything. Wish I had the time to stick around and help out, but I've got to get my fat ass on the treadmill and get a few real life hustles lined up. Daddy's gotta eat.

Anyways.... Good luck to ya. I'm sure I'll see you here if I venture back in now and again.

~Rx

converting to xport from the zsnes a long time ago was much more difficult and time consuming. Converting from xport to coinops is much easier.

Resx can madmab make the display name read the rom name as opposed to the zip name? If so and the ext. remove feature still works then you could use this naming structure. I know some of the xport emulators launch by the rom name as opposed to the zip name if I am not mistaken and if this is the case the functionality exist at some level already.

Just a thought about a little different approach to the problem.

If it worked all you would have to do is change the name of the zip file. Your rom name can remain the same as your old zip name.

And I have not used the pre-sets for snes I used the old set because I already have them. I just been reworking sets I have already had. I already touched up a little bit a long time ago on the rom names as far as hand patching the ones I was missing. It should still be pretty close to mirror the oldset. Just really needed the action shot anyway for coinops or 0003.png in the screenshot sets. The enhanched artwork and videos is a real easy conversion. Just open a batch renaming tool and remove all spaces, and anything other than letters or numbers and add a prefix to all names to describe the system your wanting to launch an example would be

snes = SNES_

megadrive = MDRIVE_

sega master system = SMS_

gamegear = GG_

sg1000 = SG_

nes = NES_

gameboy = GB_

gameboy advanced = GBA_

gameboy color = GBC_

This is the layout for the ones I have ready. A batch renaming tool will rename it all in seconds. You can even do the screenshots xport style pretty quick it just takes a long time to go threw and pluck the right file out of the folder since every game has its own folder. Be cool if there was a way to extract all files from a set of folders at once if this were possible all the conversions would be painless.

So the emulators that dont have an enhanced artwork pack are a little harder to do.

Here is a list of characters which need to be removed.

/

<

>

?

:

;

"

'

\

|

}

]

{

[

+

=

)

(

&

^

%

$

#

@

!

and any spaces in between the words

and the display name on coinops should still display resx pack display name if space will allow it minus any one of the above characters. Meaning the display name will have spaces but the rom name can not.

Example

zip name "MDRIVE_MortalKombatII.zip" would have a display name of "Mortal Kombat II"

resx zip name would be "Mortal Kombat II.zip"

Zip name "SNES_FZero.zip" would have a display name of "FZero"

resx zip name would be "F-Zero.zip"

Edited by run088

*****Source changes for the Cores attached********* the common file should be usable in all export emus just leaving a few changes in each of the main cpp of his emulators

Attached File(s)

Cores_Source_Changes.rar ( 140.89K ) Number of downloads: 0

still no downloads of public sources what a waste of time it is like I allways say :) this has been at least a week or 2 pinned to this thread