Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so does other emus if you look at sources.....they are by other people mainly :D from what I see

people give other people credit and dont look at the soures :( and actually how much is from other open source projects

so yes most of the code is from mame0.84 line wise so thats the biggest thanks to the mame team...

alot of other so called emu aurthors have tweaked a few things say like hk or even the above name and I dont put myself as an aurthor like the above people... id say ive coded in alot more them and have done stuff like vm code for 720p...ummm actually 720p... ummm added drivers.... added decryption for drivers blah blah that they say makes them emu authors :)

Impressive thread. Too bad I was away when the SNES stuff went up.

I would have requested

DRIVER( TetrisBattleGaiden )

GAMEX( 1993, TetrisBattleGaiden, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Tetris Battle Gaiden", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

for the year, maybe "LusSpace FE" dats can be usefull. If their is no way to retrive the year automatically I'm willing to help put them in by hand.

Coming back to folders. Is it possible to make Coinops look in subfolders ?

I have splited my roms in "/roms/snes/eu" "/roms/snes/us" "/roms/snes/jap a-n" "/roms/snes/jap m-z" "/roms/snes/hack"

Coinops would even be better with the new gun support implemented.

With so many new machines in Coinops, could we have a GUI with pages to filter systems

like it was in Gogos FBA "NeoGeo" ®} "CPS1" ®} "CPS2" ®} "Others" ®} "NeoGeo"

Lots of requests at once...

Okay, I'm still confused.

Pretty much every emu I know of goes up on xbins for others to grab when needed, why is coinops different in this regard?

Why is there so much crap to deal with when asking about getting it from somewhere? I want the emu...not the crap that goes with it!

Why is there a thread about all this stuff when the emu is very hard to get hold of?

Okay, I'm still confused.

Pretty much every emu I know of goes up on xbins for others to grab when needed, why is coinops different in this regard?

Why is there so much crap to deal with when asking about getting it from somewhere? I want the emu...not the crap that goes with it!

Why is there a thread about all this stuff when the emu is very hard to get hold of?

Just be patient. I want to play Gran Turismo 5 for years, but I have to wait cause it's not out(finished?) yet.

Their is a link for R4 somewhere above, take it and wait R5 to be finalized.

alot of other so called emu aurthors have tweaked a few things say like hk or even the above name and I dont put myself as an aurthor like the above people... id say ive coded in alot more them and have done stuff like vm code for 720p...ummm actually 720p... ummm added drivers.... added decryption for drivers blah blah that they say makes them emu authors :D

I've never called myself an emu author (the red banner under my pic was nothing to do with me) and I never expected people to treat me like one in the way you do. I've always been extremely reluctant to take the credit for what amounts to just tweaking other people's work and I always directed that credit to where it was due.

Gameboy list are finished. Nes is finished. Nes screenshots will go quick to but the rest will take a minute to do. I can rename them quick but I have to manually pluck them from the folder because they are in xport format. If somebody knows a way to massively pluck files from multible folders at the same time let me know.

Someone was volunteering a few post up to hand patch the years. If you want to do it let me know and I will get you the list to edit.

About your roms I don't think you can use them unless they are renamed to coinops specs. I know this disappoints some people but it can not be helped. The dat files used were the ones for the xtra's project. This is because of the cleaner game name and 43 symbol restrictions of the xbox. There would have been no way to add this many games in a list generated type of way. Had I used goodsets or whatever all display names would have looked terrible and each would have had to be redone by hand. Just the first 2 systems would have required 1800+ hand edits. I got the whole process automated with only the year to be changed that is the only variable I can't automate. This also works for the xtra's screenshots and videos. Just need a bulk renaming program to remove all spaces and symbols other than letters and numbers. Then they should all be coinop compliant. If you use resx or megaman's dat files.

If someone will explain to me how to make a dat file I will be more than happy to make one and request it be put in the emulators package. Or people can make there own by following the directions I stated to alter the resx dat's to work.

Edited by run088

You miss my point, why is coinops not uploaded to xbins like other emu's?

All very secret squirrel stuff really...

You have to be a level 5 worshipper to be bestowed the gift of the sacred one. In seriousness, a lot of new homebrew stuff these days doesn't end up on xbins, it's done through PMs and such. You'll have to find out who has what you want, and ask them in a PM to give you a download link. It's secret squirrel indeed, but all xbox homebrew is illegal after all. You could try a PM to the man himself, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

Try Fumanchu, he may have what you're after.