Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

There is no other limit then it has to be only in a per folder basis. I got a 2tb filled with over 700 hundred xbox games. These are in a folder layout not iso. Runs tip top. I got 2 1.5tbs over 90% filled with media each and there are no apparent problems with any of the systems.

Only issue I am aware of besides the folder issue you just mentioned is the cluster cap at 64k. No dashboard will read a 128k cluster. So max size is 2tb's until somebody can patch the dash or patch the bios or maybe both.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap I knew that it slipped my mind I been staring at snes games for to many hours.

Just slip back here time to time for a break. I almost have all the years done then I will have to fire up an snes emulator and the few I cant find double check the name. I have everything else done but adding in the game names in the game field the driver name is already inserted and the years are almost done. Should have them knocked out in another 30 minutes. I already finished every thing to E. If everything works out I should finish up the list tonight and have the dat file ready in a day or so.

Séparate folder is a very good idea, like that we can use roms in folders of others emulators :)

i agree, i already have snes n genesis emu on my xbox.

it would save hdd space

Saving space is a big deal. Most of us will have these other console sets somewhere on our harddrives already. I finally put together a full .084 romset plus all the updates from previous coinopses and that takes me to 4300 roms. I know thats kinda ridiculous. Gratuitous even. I'll be filtering out just enough clones to make it work with the current build's limit of one rom folder.

Séparate folder is a very good idea, like that we can use roms in folders of others emulators :)

i agree, i already have snes n genesis emu on my xbox.

it would save hdd space

Saving space is a big deal. Most of us will have these other console sets somewhere on our harddrives already. I finally put together a full .084 romset plus all the updates from previous coinopses and that takes me to 4300 roms. I know thats kinda ridiculous. Gratuitous even. I'll be filtering out just enough clones to make it work with the current build's limit of one rom folder.

you can have 2 roms folders in coinops just edit the rompath in the advanced settings.

you can have 2 roms folders in coinops just edit the rompath in the advanced settings.

Then I'm not sure which version I'm running cuz I only see one rom path available. Hasn't this changed from release to release? I'll double check when I get home.

the rompath in the advanced settings is like i said for an extra folder its under more roms or even more roms something like that.

that option has been in for ages now just make sure to activate advanced settings,its in the last screen.

Look in tdata there is a folder named 4d414d49 in that folder is a folder called system in that folder is a file called Mameox.ini make rom paths here there is an option for 4 paths already. It looks like this

RomsPath0 =

RomsPath1 =

RomsPath2 =

RomsPath3 =

Oh Oh! I totally get it now. Theres the one default rom folder you can't change and then theres another extra folder you can specify. I was thinking we could set the paths ourselves to each folder.

Thanks for setting me straight fu

Edit: and thanks to you run088. I've learned alot today.

Edited by RedCapsMan