Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screensizing is most likely a must his emulators picture changes alot from tv to tv and sometimes game to game and some of the defaults have to be changed by a large margin. By keymapping are you talking about controller settings? If so this is a useful tool for arcade cabs if it runs a different number of buttons than controllers. Although most of the emulators default controller config is pretty much perfect for most games on the more popular machines that have a small number of buttons "nes,genesis,gameboy,a2600, etc" Stuff for some of the not so popular emulators are receiving work right now some are not. The 7800 and the 5200 should have received this treatment. I think amiga someone is working on. Intellivision is getting done now, Colecovision was done I think.

You need to talk to madmab on xs. I don't know if he is a member here but he is the guru of xport emulators these days. He will know what has received work and what is going to be receiving work and what's new to be implemented because he is the person who has been manning the ship since xport disappeared.

For the most part those options will need to be determined on a system by system basis I would say. Some of those loading options on some systems are a requirement unless the info has already been specified to the emulator. This is a must alot with some of the computer based emulators or the atarixl because it emulates so many different systems using various media platforms.

So the snes emulator is what you have been working on. One thing about that emulator is the rewind, fast forward mapping. This will need changed since it defaults these functions to the triggers. This needs to be changed because the snes uses the triggers. Gameplay is interesting to say the least if this is not unchanged.

Edited by run088

Core is done :)

all default keys are gone...the cores now done.... :) only keys are

Start+Back = return to coinops

Left Trigger+back+Black= IGR

Back+black = keymap

Back+white for screensize

everything else is minimilisitic and automatic....video is smoothed to bilinar

added automatic res settings for hd users

this took about 1 hour or so tonight....so i might spend another hour or so testing then its done

i also vote for more mame driver, because coinops is mame emulator but adding 4 console support definitly makes coinops different from other emu on xbox.

i hope there a separate DAT, one without console games and the other one included console games

Yes, different ini file is a good idea for all.

If we want add games or remove or don't use one console we know where is the good ini and it is easyer to use and config ...

should be able to tweak ind bios options in its on board cfg file.

As far as an snes dat I will supply a reworked resx dat. Only difference will be the mame naming convention restrictions. "no spaces in the rom name"

Coinops already has a dat for the mame games. If whoever does each system as I am doing snes does the same thing there should not be a problem with adding separate dat files.

Edited by run088