DRIVER( PockynRocky2 )

DRIVER( PockynRocky )

DRIVER( Sparkster )

DRIVER( PrinceofPersia2 )

DRIVER( PrinceofPersia )

DRIVER( SuperBomberman )

DRIVER( RocknRollRacing )

DRIVER( SuperBonk )

Im asking for your input I dont play much SNES or Megadrive but from what ive seen there are many great games...so a list of titles that suit an arcade feel would be great. Ill start on SEGA today as a base lot of games is a start then its 1 minute per game to add them properly

as for the comment of cba.... its is only a best of arcade games addition and only cores ive got now are old FB core that works sweet at all res...killer instinct...SEGA Megadrive...SuperNES (this wont be a full run anything emuator as thats not my vision if others want to make one ill hand over code and help with it though but I dont want much more than the 3000 games I have in the list at present)... you really should not come in as stated cba I allready know you dont like this stuff...from now on a thread for this stuff was created for you to post anything you want in its best there...and gather support there please I

OH and yes anyones welcome to join the team with help at anytime and free to leave at anytime and make there own branch of the EMU for there own purposes if they want ill wish them well no problems at all....just ask but while on my branch id like it to stay focused on Arcadie (ill maybe add mega classics like zelda that isnt an arcade game) and any features that go in must be well thought out and simple to use (automatic if possible) ... but you can help with advice like alot do...or coding...or support files.... Im sorry to those who I havent let this happen its just I dont know your skills and it may slow me down....but im in this thread for advice and ive recieved some great advice into whats good out there and been supported to add it in... to me its a win win

Fumanchu I trust your advice so just a list of names......like this and ill add them

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1994

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1991

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1990

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1995

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1992

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1991

romnamewithnospaces The Actual Name You Want Displayed 1990

this will load any romnamewithnospaces as a game into CoinOPS list and luanch the core to play that rom....the name and year that will be displayed in coinops will be the next 2 colums....

if you want to help with a list of megadrive and a full list of SNES this will actually save me the most time....

a list like this will cut my work down heaps and heaps

Even better if someone wants to take it on themselves to make 2 lists like this

DRIVER( PockynRocky2 )

DRIVER( PockynRocky )

DRIVER( Sparkster )

DRIVER( PrinceofPersia2 )

DRIVER( PrinceofPersia )

DRIVER( SuperBomberman )

DRIVER( RocknRollRacing )

DRIVER( SuperBonk )

GAMEX( 1993, PockynRocky2, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Pocky and Rocky 2", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1994, PockynRocky, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Pocky and Rocky", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1994, Sparkster, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Sparkster", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1996, PrinceofPersia2, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Prince of Persia 2", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1992, PrinceofPersia, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Prince of Persia", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1993, SuperBomberman, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Super Bomberman", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1993, RocknRollRacing, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Rock'n Roll Racing", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

GAMEX( 1994, SuperBonk, 0, cps3, cps3, nocpu, ROT0, "Super NES", "Super Bonk", GAME_NOT_WORKING|GAME_NO_SOUND )

I will add in those in one second....add as many as you like all of them if you wish and ill patch them in

well the only other snes games i would suggest are

wildguns(u).zip Wild Guns developer Natsume year of release 1995

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Turtl.zip Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles-In Time Developer Konami year of release 1992

the reason i selected the snes version of tmnt4 is because it is better than the arcade version,with different bosses and 2 extra levels.

megadrive.

i know you will probably select the usual megadrive titles so here is one that i play a lot

ContraHardCorps(U).BIN Contra Hard Corps Developer Konami year of release 1994

wildguns(u).zip Wild Guns developer Natsume year of release 1995

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Turtl.zip Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles-In Time Developer Konami year of release 1992

added and more ill release the list soon...if someone want to spend 10 hours or so making a list for CoinOPS ill show them how and insert them all

Ummm im using xnesx core at present but im looking at switching to xport emus? why well because it looks like I can change the common files and overlay them on most of his emus to insert the core...this means any of systems can be converted in minutes to run in CoinOPS

Im going though a busy time at present...so things are slow but this stuff isnt very hard just takes time....

Ill put up a vote for what next to insert....plus it looks like I might have found a place to dev ;) cross fingers it pans out....

these no spreadsheet or tracking as I say I quickly patch this stuff in.....for my beifit really if people want a full set of alot of emualotrs all of which are easy they need to manage a list and ill insert them if not its what I choose...its up to you guys.....ill only be doing what I feel like but will insert any patchs that are easy for yuo guys to write....mostly copy paste and rename year, romname and game display name.

Well, I voted. Looks like I'm the only one that wants vert stuff so far. I guess I'll just keep hounding you until I get what I want!

I've been going back and forth between the different coinops and mame builds that support rotated screens and have found advantages and disadvantages for each. Heres a short breakdown:

Mamedox 1.1 - Can rotate the screen any way you want. Horizontal games are stretched to the screen and play upside down. Changing the "aspect ratio" in the options has no effect. Its got a minimal GUI with no screenshots or videos, but the ingame menu (back + white) is more indepth with dip switches and is much more MAME-like. The start menu (menu that come up when pressing start from the romlist) is always set to the same standard horizontal monitor position no matter what. This is true of each xbox mame emu actually.

Mameox128plus! - Can rotated the screen any way you want and have horizontal games play in the correct aspect ratio in letterbox format on the rotated screen. Unfortunately each horizontal game is upside down which means rotating the screen around each time you go from a vert game to a horizonal game. Its got a minimal GUI with no screenshots or videos, but the ingame menu (back + white) is more indepth with dip switches and is much more MAME-like.

CoinOps Ignite R2 - Hidden menu can rotate the screen (both right and left clicks together). It took me some playing around with the settings and button mappings but all the buttons can be configured to work well with the rotated screen. Horizontal games actually play the right way around in a letterbox format but they look a little squished. Its definitely not the correct aspect ratio. The biggest downfall here, for me, is that the romlist cannot be rotated. Theres no rotated skin available. Also, the ignite series do not support videos only screenshots.

CoinOps ReIgnite Showcase Vertical Build - A step in the right direction. Based on an early version of ReIgnite Showcase but with a vertical skin. Start menu is still sideways though like the others. Horizontal games are stretched to the screen and are upside down! Argh! If you were to put together a vertical only package this is the version to use. Menu looks nice and videos look good as well as screenshots.

Final Burn Legends - Great emulator. Each game has to be setup to be rotated and the keys can be set to almost anything you like. This has to be on a per game basis. Theres no rotated skin or option to rotate the skin just yet, but maybe that will change since NES is still actively working on FBL.

So, in conclusion to the longest post I've ever written, if DOA could make the next CoinOps act like Mameox128plus but have the horizontal games not play upside down I would be very happy. That would mean a nice GUI/frontend with videos, screenshots, music, lots of games to play and even some SNES thrown in. And the more I think about it the more I'd like to have an option to quit to XBMC. Especially if I can get that rotated XBMC skin...

Ummm im using xnesx core at present but im looking at switching to xport emus? why well because it looks like I can change the common files and overlay them on most of his emus to insert the core...this means any of systems can be converted in minutes to run in CoinOPS

If you use xport's emu's does the samba ability come over? Netplay?

Be cool to have netplay on the coinops stuff too.