Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

i may not be the member who able to test, but from what i read theres gonna be major change:D

maybe u can replace background music format to mp3 not many people have wma music file including me:)

just a suggestion from a newbie

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are only certain console systems games going to be added or will any console game for those systems be usable?

Also will all console games still have coinops functionality like samba support and command line launching?

Have you considered any computer based gaming consoles?

And by the sound of a couple post you made I am wondering if you now have the ability to tap into any of xports emulators? If so is it possible to incorporate his relax file sharing and netplay code into coinops?

OK red when you enable the hidden setting of the monitor on its side what does it do that is wrong for your build at present? I will clean up the side monitor code a bit....this weekend for you....

Well, I think I've been using Ignite R2 this whole time since it seemed to do most of what I wanted except for the rotated skin. I had used the vert cab build that you made quickly for bulge2 for a little bit but somehow I screwed something up and didn't have any rom browser or menus except for the start menu (start menu = menu that pops up when you press start). I think that problem is all on me tho, it had worked before but some horizontal games would show upside down.

I've currently gone back to MameOX 1.1 to give that a try since it was on my computer and I really like how the screen can just be rotated around 90 or 180 degrees. Thats great for the vert games that the emu supports but it also stretches all the horizontal games to fit the entire screen. Ignite would keep the aspect ratio kinda like letterboxing on a vertical screen. MameOX 1.1 also is missing all the bells and whistles like movies and even screenshots that the CoinOps frontend has. It also won't play DKII or any of the other updates you say youve done recently, obviously.

I'll try to be on MSN late tonight if I'm of sound mind... no promises its Friday.

ok ill look into game rotation and add whats needed to make it work 100 persent....but yes I need help as I never run it myself...I can code the stuff in very fast , im aware of technical issues of stretching of the skin etc and how to fix that but really I dont know all the issues

I should have a vote into the next patch really as time is more limited lately and ive got a lot of to dos

Also Commandline launching works for all of it....not to sure about samba at present but id say not.

Only games I choose to put in with a few friends will be added...from systems I want to spend the effort to insert

HELP PLEASE TO PATCH IN GOOD GAMES.....NO CODING SKILLS REQUIRED

Its come to my attention that I dont know SNES and Megadrive that well as I only added a handful of the good games

I need someone to make a spread sheet of all the good games .... the years .... the type in coinops format ...... or they can put them into a cat.ini for me :P

is anyone able to do this....this means I can patch it in in hours instead of taking days and days of my time?

All samba works on showcase. Do you know when and on what samba broke? What specific games or system games? I can test mine but I am pretty sure all games work. Are you talking about the unreleased edition?

The new systems added that mainly would interest me are cps3, and n64. Are support for these emulators possible? My main reason would to be able to get these emulators going with the samba and cmdline support that coinops and xport have. All my other emulators already have this support.

ActRaiser

Addams Family

Aladdin

Alien 3

Axelay

Batman Returns

Battletoads & Double Dragon

Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furre

Cannon Fodder

Castlevania Dracula X

Contra III

Cybernator

Demons Crest

Desert Strike

Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Kong Country 3

Donkey Kong Country

Doom Troopers

Double Dragon V

Earthworm Jim 2

Earthworm Jim

Final Fight 2

Final Fight 3

F-Zero

Jungle Strike

Jurassic Park

Kirby Super Star

Kirbys Avalanche

Kirbys Dream Land 3

Legend of Zelda

Megaman X

Megaman X2

Megaman X3

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

Ninjawarriors

Pilotwings

Pocky & Rocky 2

Pocky & Rocky

Prince of Persia 2

Prince of Persia

Rock n Roll Racing

R-Type III

Sparkster

Star Fox 2

Star Fox

Super Bomberman

Super Bonk 2

Super Bonk

Super Castlevania IV

Super Double Dragon

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts

Super Mario All Stars

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario World 2

Super Mario World

Super Metroid

Super Punch-Out

Super R-Type

Super Star Wars II

Super Star Wars III

Super Star Wars

Super Turrican 2

Super Turrican

Syndicate

Taz-Mania

The Legend of Zelda

Urban Strike

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

adding these how would I find out the years these where made? SNES by the way

adding these how would I find out the years these where made? SNES by the way

http://superfamicom.org/search/

this is the best i could find in a short search. not the best, but it should get the job done. each game has detailed info on its own page all the way at the bottom.

btw, did you get mvsc, sfa3, or megaman2 working properly with autolaunchers as per my earlier pm?