MK2 for Xbox MAME

TJZaman

Hi, I've been working on trying to get MAME running on the Xbox. I was able to get the pack MamedOX PLatinum pack which included many roms on there but it didn't have Mortal Kombat 2. I added the game manually through EvolX, but I didn't have a re-scan of roms option. So I tried downloading Mame-X 128 Plus and added a few roms including MK2 on there and the game worked, but it was real laggy/choppy and in just horrible condition.

My question is. How can I play Arcade copy of MK2 on the Xbox? What are my best options? Thank you so much.

yes you can...there are packs around with the midway arcade treasures...that play perfect...

mameb6 plays it perfect as well

and I think mameox.72b3 plays it perfect

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. Where can I find both of these emus? Also, what is midway arcade treasures?

thank fumanchu and iq I think for this stuff as I grabed it from others posts

nba jam plays perfect on this emu.(mamex-b6.)

nba jam te(tounament edition)plays perfect.(mamex-b6).

nba jam hangtime plays good on mameox0.72 dosent load on b6 crashes.

you can also use mamex-b6 for narc,mk1and2 as these games play slower or have no sound on later versions of mameox.

also for mameox0.72 mk3,ukm3,nba jam hangtime and primal rage at full speed.

mameox0.72-plays 2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge pretty good you get sound and you get slight framskip but very playable.

get a hold of the mortal kombat pack which has mk1-3 emulated perfectly as they were ripped from the midway arcade tresure games.

get a hold of the rampage world tour,narc and primal rage pack as these are emulated perfectly as they were ripped from the midway arcade tresure games.(actually alot more is playable via these from midway games)

by the way mk4 can be emulated in surreall64xxx

pcsxbox and download mortal kombat trilogy.in my opinion you dont need mk1-3 after you have this

that is cut and paste from old forums it says more but all have been fixed in CoinOPS now, all above games play on CoinOPS reignite but with sound disabled at full speed...these are very close to running with sound on later builds but occasionally lower in frame rate so sound is disabled by default to give 60 frames a sec..this can be turned off in settings

thats all you really need to know

yes you can...there are packs around with the midway arcade treasures...that play perfect...

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. Where can I find both of these emus? Also, what is midway arcade treasures?

you need 3 posts before your pms are actvated,respond to this to activate your pm and i can help you out.

Wrong

mameb6 plays it like a choppy slide show where the FPS drops to 17 at times.

mameox.72 runs it faster but not fullspeed. Also choppy animation.

The only way to play MK2 fullspeed on the Xbox is:

1) Play it on Midway Arcade Treasures 2

2) Play it on MK Shaolin Monks. This is the best option since you can copy the MK2 game off the game disc and run it separatly.

id test it as im not to sure it was just posted on other threads about the subject, the best way is to test..... I use Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and it seems perfect to me...the others im not to sure about I should look at them really as CoinOPS when rolled back plays it like a choppy slide show where the FPS drops to 17 at times maybe adding back in the dcs hack was never going to fix things :).

you need 3 posts before your pms are actvated,respond to this to activate your pm and i can help you out.

Hi, I think this will be my 3rd post now. :(

• 2 months later...