[01/11/2010] Bayonetta

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have friends who have both Darksiders and Bayonetta. In their opinions, Bayonetta fares better gameplay-wise where as Darksiders semms overrated. It tried to be good in everything it borrows from but excel at none.

Your friends are idiots.

I haven't played Bayonetta, I'm uninterested.

but Darksiders is pretty bad ass. I just finished my first playthrough and am starting again to hold me until Mass Effect 2 & Bioshock 2 hits.

I have friends who have both Darksiders and Bayonetta. In their opinions, Bayonetta fares better gameplay-wise where as Darksiders semms overrated. It tried to be good in everything it borrows from but excel at none.

Your friends are idiots.

;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Agozer, pls update here once you have install the patch that allowed you to install on HDD. I am hoping for a performance increase and no more 3 secs loading when picking items.

There is no such patch, and I don't think I ever claimed that I could install game data onto a HDD. From what I've been reading, such a patch won't show up, as Sega would have to recode the game (this is at least what the supposed official response from Sega/PlatinumGames was). Don't know what the future will bring, though.

http://kotaku.com/5457808/ps3-version-of-b...-getting-update

Guess you didn't see this.

Not all multi-platform games are the same. Take SEGA's Bayonetta, for example.

One complaint from PS3 players have been that Bayonetta has long loading times. This upload will offer the option to install the game directly on the PS3's hard disc drive. The Japanese update will include an "Install" option in the game's menu screen.

It is possible to install Bayonetta, as with every Xbox 360 title, directly onto the Xbox 360's HDD. However, the Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta does not offer players this option directly through the game's menu screen.

The update will be available starting January 28.

While the Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta received better reviews, the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version in Japan.

The 1.01 patch is out and gives the option to install data onto the HDD. The download size is 138MB, and install size is 4544MB which takes roughly 15 minutes to install. Loading times (excluding the practice mode between chapters) are much shorter, so fiddling with the menus, journal entries, picking up new items, etc. is much faster now.

emsley: You need to be connected to the Internet in order to download any patches, so yes.