Final Burn Legends 1.3

nes6502

Iq_132 definitely does not get forgotten, nor does the FBA team. Along with him and the FBA team, the MAME team/Haze, Xport, Nes6502 and Kenshiro -- those people are all responsible for so much on the emulation front in general. The fact is, the departure of nes6502 from the Xbox Scene due to unnecessary BS has left the community in state of realization. That was going to happen eventually, because Nes could really do updates. And like Xport, Nes also had the ability to bring new apps to the scene.

On the subject of FBA, Kenshiro's loss definitely closes FBL at 1.3 for good. Kenshiro has the ability and knowledge to update the emulator from where it is now. He could do it rather easily in my opinion, but I definitely understand why he has said "to hell with it" lol. I don't know if people realize it, but iq_132 himself (who Kenshiro works closely with) has incorporated a LOT of new drivers into the official FBA lately (and he's still going). Kenshiro could have brought those over and made some more fixes in the process. No one can blame him for staying out of it now.

Unless some poor soul with the skill to update FBL on the games front comes along and wishes to get involved in the typical ego pissing match with a select few "Gurus" of the Xbox Scene, I can't blame the people who know better for moving on from all of the BS. I wish the people who moved on the very best and appreciate how much of their lives they sacrificed for the Scene and other people's entertainment.

Very well said, Neoryu. :P

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iq_132 definitely does not get forgotten, nor does the FBA team. Along with him and the FBA team, the MAME team/Haze, Xport, Nes6502 and Kenshiro -- those people are all responsible for so much on the emulation front in general. The fact is, the departure of nes6502 from the Xbox Scene due to unnecessary BS has left the community in state of realization.

Well...actually it was because my life had been consumed with ZsnexBox, FB, FBL, Nestopia, Xport additions, and OpenBOR. I decided to shift my time to other things (like life =)).

Glad to see people are still using the Xbox and all the great emulators.

Cheers everyone! Thanks again to all the users who enjoy my work.

Edited by nes6502

Good to hear I still stand by my comments and they well informed....I will be looking at adding the drivers at some point maybe....if enough people ask for it....or just to test the speed on the xbox for those that right it im also working on cps3 when I have time....

but to nes6502 I think you are very tellented....and your work is fantastic......but I move forward and will coninue to do so....im happy with where im heading and I am looking closer at the final burn alpha code....

Im happy with my contribution and where its going in both XBMC DVD2Xox and many many emus over the time....gogo was fantastic also....ebsy....hk$ all contributed massively but I dont control there life or pretend to, they are welcome to grab any code from me if they want and have actively helped alot of them...sometimes without them knowing.....life moves on and we owe the most to open source.....and people to say I havent contributed disregards alot of users that say I have......I think ive made on balance peoples lives better on the xbox not worse....if any of them asked for logos code or help with anything normally ill do it for them, normally like the madmab team it is them not handing over stuff but if they want they can use CoinOPS stuff in anything they want its open source and wouldnt mind them using it at all

:P if you think not you are intitled to that opion...and intitled to use it or not use it....to mod it or not mod it.....

Iq_132 definitely does not get forgotten, nor does the FBA team. Along with him and the FBA team, the MAME team/Haze, Xport, Nes6502 and Kenshiro -- those people are all responsible for so much on the emulation front in general. The fact is, the departure of nes6502 from the Xbox Scene due to unnecessary BS has left the community in state of realization.

Well...actually it was because my life had been consumed with ZsnexBox, FB, FBL, Nestopia, Xport additions, and OpenBOR. I decided to shift my time to other things (like life =)).

The correction is duly noted. I really hope your life is going great. I'm sure that's the case for a person with your talent and character.

Thank you Nes... for your gracious contributions and moving the scene along. It's an understatement.

I won't speak for everyone else, but I know they appreciate your work and the time you put in it. Good to see you around here. :P

Hi nes, you must realize though that making these emulators to was part of your life, I'm sure you got satisfaction out of working hard and seeing the results. Living life can be defined in many ways, it can be watching a sunset, watching a movie, or working hard on something and seeing the results. Your hard work was rewarding to you and made all of us who enjoy games have a life filled with more fun:)

I moved all my CP1/2 and NeoGeo roms from FBA 1.29 over to Final Burn Legends 1.3 and scanned but only about 25 games were recognised. I guess the set is outdated :D

Fumanchu!

I do have a full Mame 0139 set though so if there were any dats I could use to filter out all the compatible FBL roms then that would do :lol: