Final Burn Legends 1.3

nes6502

Certain games will show yellow, which means that the game's romset has the files needed, but there's something wrong, like the name of the zip file, or there are uneeded files in the zip, it will tell you what the problem is. If you right click and select repair, it will make the needed changes, and then show green. If a game shows red, it means one or more files is missing from the zip. In that case, you need to find another romset for the game in question. I don't think you'll come accross too many reds, if any.

these are the ones i couldn't fix and couldn't find replacements...

i'm not asking for roms locations!!

kovsh.zip

olds.zip

olds100.zip

olds100a.zip

pgemeni.zip

sfm12.zip <---i know this is sf2 champ ed hack. i found sfm13.zip but that took a while.

i gave up on looking... stupid internet. 8)

Edited by tristanx

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kovsh.zip

olds.zip

olds100.zip

olds100a.zip

pgemeni.zip

sfm12.zip <---i know this is sf2 champ ed hack. i found sfm13.zip but that took a while.

i gave up on looking... stupid internet. :(

Well out of a full set that's not too many. Either your set was slightly newer than the one FBL uses, or slightly older. It can be hard tracking down slightly older individual roms after MAME has been updated, coz most romsites only keep the newest files up. Maybe someone with a fully green FBL romset will PM you and point you in the right direction. That won't be me though I'm affraid, I don't actually have a MAME set at the moment. I need to grab a 0.137 super set torrent at some point.

kovsh.zip

olds.zip

olds100.zip

olds100a.zip

pgemeni.zip

i gave up on looking... stupid internet. :(

Well out of a full set that's not too many. Either your set was slightly newer than the one FBL uses, or slightly older. It can be hard tracking down slightly older individual roms after MAME has been updated, coz most romsites only keep the newest files up. Maybe someone with a fully green FBL romset will PM you and point you in the right direction. That won't be me though I'm affraid, I don't actually have a MAME set at the moment. I need to grab a 0.137 super set torrent at some point.

i used mame .135 when i did this... no biggie on getting these now though. i haven't played fbl in over a month and a half.

no offense nes... gotta life, wife, 2yr old son.

Edited by tristanx

• 1 month later...

Just got this running today. Well done!

couple of notes/requests:

1. screenshot changing....i'd like a means of changing the screenshots via the X button as there is no right stick on my arcade sticks. Would also like to see a change in screenshot/image every 5 seconds or so. this will help a ton

2. Control Changing: I'd like to 2nd the opinion/request of someone earlier in this thread. We street fighter players would much rather have a "push the button you want to use for this function" style of control scheme setup, the way FBA-XXX Pro had.

3. Filter ability in the main game list. Yes, i know we could access filters from the main menu, but it's counter-intuitive to do a filter listing that way. I'd rather have the main list be filter-able on the fly, especially for games in Final Burn. Our group really likes to be able to filter out the difference between Neo Geo, CPS1, and CPS2 boards quickly for the kind of stuff we do

4. (this might already be in, but if not i wanted to mention it) The ability to create custom filters on the fly. I'd like to be able to search for games with the words "Street" and "Fighter" and save the search as a filter.

5. (longshot, but let's try anyway) Networking capabilities, if possible. Not for online play, but more for easy access to download extras. Even a simple FTP server that can run for updates and then when it exits, it relaunches the emu (so it doesn't tie up resources). good if you want to drop out of a game to add screenshots, cheats, or guides. Would be even better if it had the ability to download directly from online resources.

this was awesome, thank you

Edited by A Murder of Crows

Good luck getting your fixes in bro. NES is a great guy that gave us a great thing, but he was only really accepting suggestions for fixes between 1.whatever and 1.3. I missed that window myself, even though I could have downloaded it at any time and given my thoughts while beta-testing was happening. I was just too immersed in my own stuff to do it, and regret it now that it's too late to get things done.

Kenshiro is working on fixes and may release 1.4 at some point. All I know about it is that he got some new games working. I don't know if what you're asking for is anything he'd know how to do or even be interested in, but since he's the guy holding the FBL ball now, I'd PM him about it at the other site if he's not available here.

Later,

~Rx

Good luck getting your fixes in bro. NES is a great guy that gave us a great thing, but he was only really accepting suggestions for fixes between 1.whatever and 1.3. I missed that window myself, even though I could have downloaded it at any time and given my thoughts while beta-testing was happening. I was just too immersed in my own stuff to do it, and regret it now that it's too late to get things done.

Kenshiro is working on fixes and may release 1.4 at some point. All I know about it is that he got some new games working. I don't know if what you're asking for is anything he'd know how to do or even be interested in, but since he's the guy holding the FBL ball now, I'd PM him about it at the other site if he's not available here.

Later,

~Rx

Ack, that's a bummer. Kenshiro still has access to my ftp server, though i don't think he's used it since the FBA 1.29 days.

BTW, i only installed this because of our conversation on X-S yesterday. good looking out, this emu is better in a lot of ways. I really wish it were easier to find complete romsets and such though. feels painful having to rebuild the collection all over again.

• 4 months later...

New problem

My arcade stick can't get into the right click menu anymore. This used to be a problem with Final Burn Alpha Pro 1.28, and what i'd normally end up having to do is overwriting the TDATA for the emulator with proper files, however for some reason i can't find the file that will let me do this. I've actually reinstalled this multiple times at this point.

Anyone got any ideas?

I had the same issue, and you can solve it by doing:

Options/GUI options/Image options/Exit game controls ----> remap the buttons like you want.

BTW, i'm really sorry to have never use the FTP access, and honestly i think you can remove the account now. The latest thing i coded related to emulation was a port of the MAME Marine Boy driver to FBA, and it was 6 months ago.

Actually i'm really out of it. Sorry.