Final Burn Legends 1.3

nes6502

Hi,

Am trying to add the mame history.dat so I can check the mame history for roms. I tried putting this in the emulator main folder but this didn't work.

Can anyone help?

its ok just figured it out lol sorry guys :P

Edited by sbpaabck

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little request if possible please for the next release.

When pressing start then left and right to view flyers and titles etc a lot of the mame titles are so stretched to be fullscreen that they look pixelated and very ugly... They are hard to get as well :P

It would be great to have an option for displaying the images in their native resolution then the user could use the zoom functions to zoom in further if desired.

I've tried zooming out but they still look very pixelated. I am using 10x11 pixel ratio. Is it because I am not using HD? The images look so much better on my pc but I suppose my monitor is using a higher resolution? I would be interested to know what your thoughts are on why it is happening (I have an inquisitive mind is all...)

This emulator is the best now i've got the history and the pics and that great fire and steel skin! Im gonna sort out all the optional extras and make it as slick as possible. One day this will be in a cab ... one day **dreams

cheers

Nes, I noticed something a little interesting. I've found that Guwange runs beautifully in v1.0 at 720P resolution. There are no issues with it whatsoever.

Does 720P require more resources to run the game than 1080i? Do you have an idea what changed to make it unplayable at 720P in versions 1.2 & 1.3? Just wondering.

LightGun Support

+1 this would be great addition for FBL!! Just discovered SPACEGUN is supported :P I used to love this game but it won't be the same without a gun.

Do you mean the FBL.dat says its supports SpaceGun ?

When i rebuilt a rom set for FBL i noticed a few LightGun roms in there.

I asked the man himself (NES6502) if FBL supported LightGuns

before i went any further and started getting excited but alas the answer was no.

So im guessing a few LightGun entries slipped through the net when the .dat was being built.

Unless you know something you could share with us ?

LightGun Support

+1 this would be great addition for FBL!! Just discovered SPACEGUN is supported :P I used to love this game but it won't be the same without a gun.

Do you mean the FBL.dat says its supports SpaceGun ?

When i rebuilt a rom set for FBL i noticed a few LightGun roms in there.

I asked the man himself (NES6502) if FBL supported LightGuns

before i went any further and started getting excited but alas the answer was no.

So im guessing a few LightGun entries slipped through the net when the .dat was being built.

Unless you know something you could share with us ?

I went through all the parent roms in FBL to see which pics im missing and spacegun was in my list! (with pic and video so bonus ;) )

Just loaded and tested it in FBL 1.3. I don't have a gun but the controller moves a crosshair. (player 2 crosshair just sits in the middle of the screen but can be moved off the screen.

Man this game is sick! This is the game I thought was called Aliens in my other thread. You can shoot out windows and blow up a reactor in the ship! Its class for its time :)

I bet this has support for a "controller lightgun" but not a real one. Still a great game tho.

Nes, I noticed something a little interesting. I've found that Guwange runs beautifully in v1.0 at 720P resolution. There are no issues with it whatsoever.

Does 720P require more resources to run the game than 1080i? Do you have an idea what changed to make it unplayable at 720P in versions 1.2 & 1.3? Just wondering.

You might have missed it, but I actually put a note about that in the 1.2 thread:

Some games work only in certain resolutions. If a game runs out of

memory or crashes, try a different resolution. For example, Guwange only

works in 480i, 480p, and 1080i. It crashes in 720p

Why does that happen? Because there is a bug in the Guwange emulation. The problem is it's a very bad bug where sometimes nothing happens and sometimes the game crashes. Imagine taking your car to a shop and asking them to fix the engine. You then say that the engine only stops working when driving above 50 on saturdays when it's snowing. But only if a red car is in the lane behind you. That's a description of this bug.

Basically it's a memory bug. It may or may not crash the game depending on what else happens. The crash doesn't happen when the bug happens. It only crashes later and only "sometimes". 720p is one of those "sometimes" in FBL 1.3. Running the game in 720p just happens to arrange things in memory in a certain way where the bug causes a crash. All the other resolutions happen to arrange the memory in a certain way where the bug results stay hidden. If I added a new feature to the Cave core, it could shift things around again where it only worked in 720p and not 1080i.

Actually, I did see that you put this in the release notes for v1.2. I was just wondering if FBL1.0 running it at 720P was some kind of weird oddity.

That's a great analogy btw. I appreciate you explaining it to me.

Edited by neoryu

Don't usually make request's but here goes.

The ability to toggle on/off long file names in the rom browser

whether by button press or from the options menu please.