Mass Effect

was mass Effect even good? is it really a RPG with 3rd person shooter elements?

i never played ME1 and am wondering if 19.99 is worth the downloading the first installment on my 360 (which id say yes, if its a good game)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy it thoroughly. I think the choice to choose what to answer is great, the conversations are intelligent at some, funny at some, lame in some, the shooting system is dodgy but manageable, the most boring part is the driving section. But overall, i am happy with game (played it twice, once using male, once using female). The story is interesting enough, it has a great feel of a great sci fi movie, the bugs are tolerable (loading at some incomprehensible time).

Since the game is now cheap, you should get it and play it.

What is it with this game guys?

I just see a lot of mess when i look at it and bland graphics.

It's pretty involved story-wise, expansive (to a point) in size of area to play in and bland graphics? Bland graphics? Really? Did you REALLY just say that? It came out over 2 years ago, and even today it still looks great.

Sure there are newer games with some newer capabilities in their engines, but nothing that's a big leap. Games are increasing rapidly in visual "upgrades" these days thanks to our young generation of gamers being graphics whores, leaving most games being nothing more than Eye Candy...Mass Effect is/was not not just eye candy.

What is it with this game guys?

I just see a lot of mess when i look at it and bland graphics.

The sex scenes.

I loved the first one and have reserved the sequel. At first I thought this game was gonna be another generic sci-fi action game, then was proven wrong so quickly. This game is a perfect example of how story makes a game.